Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Top 10 Mysteries in Science

Options

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Politics Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 81,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭coffee_cake

It's ok - god did it.
    We can pack in all the research now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

No.1: How Did the Universe Begin?

Yes, it is the ultimate question.

'Cos that's where god lives, isn't it?:pac:

If the origin of the big bang is ever discovered, which I think is pretty much impossible since no information can survive a singularity... whatever lurks behind that singularity will be hijacked by the church as a sign of gods omnipotence. Ya can't win.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,789 ✭✭✭✭ScumLord

Don't be so backward. If you watch men in black you can clearly see that our universe was inside a marble that the aliens where using. So obviously we where created by a marble factory or a subsidiary company that supplies the marble. That was in a movie! They don't just make that **** up.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,086 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tar.Aldarion

I think about all these far too much. But I want to know.

**** you enigmas.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,149 ✭✭✭Joe1919

Dont forget the role that this priest played in the big bang theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,170 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Joe1919 wrote: »
    Dont forget the role that this priest played in the big bang theory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Georges_Lema%C3%AEtre

Whats that got to do with anything? I can never understand why people think it mattered so much that a brilliant scientist like George Lemaitre happened to be a priest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,183 ✭✭✭dvpower

ScumLord wrote: »
    Don't be so backward. If you watch men in black you can clearly see that our universe was inside a marble that the aliens where using. So obviously we where created by a marble factory or a subsidiary company that supplies the marble. That was in a movie! They don't just make that **** up.

... and all of those christians have just lost their marbles. Its all beginnning to make sense!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Can anyone think of any big mysteries that aren't on this list?

Like:

Who is the Stig?

Why did god give us arse hair?

Seriously though... I'd say the mystery of animal language should be on that list. What do whale songs mean? Do they mean anything at all? Ya know? How big is a dog's vocabulary?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,346 ✭✭✭Rev Hellfire

Overblood wrote: »
    Can anyone think of any big mysteries that aren't on this list?
    Women, I've spent years studying them and still haven't a clue.
    More research is require men.

Advertisement