Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

chosing a router

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

30 views and no one has any replys?

come on guys. any recomendations?

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,448 Mod ✭✭✭✭dub45

It might help people if you said why you require an 'n' one with dual band? What compatibility issues are you concerned about?

These are relatively new models and not many people may have experience of them.

Remember that to get the maximum from an 'n' router any laptops/pcs using it will have to have 'n' cards.

www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk can be good for user reviews.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 147 ✭✭OVERTONE69

its more of a want than a need, and i already have a wireless n card and antenna. i mainly want too get them because theirr the best on the range, and im tired of slow internet speeds and crap wireless signal.

moslty use it for video streaming and gaming

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

You'll find that most people don't care, or know, what their router is, as long as it works. for an N router, not many use them, or have a need. Whatever is compatable with your N adapters is what you should use.

Linksys seem to be well recommended by a lot of people. Apart from that, I wouldn't care, as long as it does the trick.

Advertisement