Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pokerstars found out cheaters

Options
  • 08-05-2009 5:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭

Hello,

PokerStars has become aware of two players who were working together in our Sit & Go tournaments to the detriment of other players. You were involved in at least one tournament with these players and as a result you may have been adversely affected.

The players' accounts were closed and their funds frozen pending a thorough investigation, which is now complete. Fortunately the problem was identified quickly and they had only played in a few tournaments before the accounts were closed.

In a case such as this it is our policy to confiscate the colluders' winnings or balances and to distribute them to the players affected by their actions in as fair a way as possible. To confirm your credit, log onto your PokerStars account, go to the 'Cashier' screen and click the 'History' button. Your share will be shown "ADMIN CREDIT", followed by the amount of the credit.

I regret that we will be unable to answer questions as to how your specific credit amount was calculated. Likewise, we are not at liberty to identify the specific games or players in question. Suffice to say that they have been barred from the site and you will not encounter them again.

The integrity of the games at PokerStars is of paramount importance to us and we will not abide cheating or collusion in our games. We work hard to police our games and prevent such instances. In the rare cases where collusion has actually occurred, we make sure that any players affected are compensated appropriately.

Thank you for your continued play here on PokerStars. Please do not hesitate to let us know any time we can be of help.

Best Regards,

Dan M
    PokerStars Game Security

i'd be interested in wat games it was in, i received nearly 48$ for it

thought it was pretty intersting

there ya go, anyone else ever get a similar email

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 287 ✭✭Tony3004

watch and learn IPOKER

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I got an email like this about three to four years ago. That's how far iPoker are behind imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

had the same a few months ago, great work by pokerstars to catch these guys and constantly monitor the problem, wp pokerstars

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16 eamonngilroy

I have had 4 of these emails in the last 6 months but then i play a sick amount of SNG's. Pokerstars do seem to take cheating far more seriously than certain other websites/skins.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

yeah in the past my friend kept getting constant money put into his account because of this, thats how he became a winning player

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

dougee19 wrote: »
    yeah in the past my friend kept getting constant money put into his account because of this, thats how he became a winning player

post of the dayaments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

If you play the don's (double or nothings) you'll get an email like this at least once a week.

They never say what game(s) or stakes were involved and you have to login to see the size of the credit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,881 ✭✭✭bohsman

Bizarelly theres a thread a week on 2+2 complaining about this saying it proves theyre getting cheated etc.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

bohsman wrote: »
    Bizarelly theres a thread a week on 2+2 complaining about this saying it proves theyre getting cheated etc.

As wacky as it sounds, I can understand this.

Every time they email me and tell me they've caught a cheater, my reaction is to think that their capture rate is 50% at best.

On the sites that don't email me,it never crosses my mind to think about how often I might be getting cheated, if at all.

Therefore, ldo, all the cheaters are at stars :eek:

(I know I'm stoopid, but I'm normal stoopid, not above average stoopid :rolleyes: )

• Registered Users Posts: 3,191 ✭✭✭Macspower

I've come to the conclusion that there is no cheating on ipoker!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

The only cheats on iPoker are the people running the network.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,070 ✭✭✭Ollieboy

Grafter wrote: »
    As wacky as it sounds, I can understand this.

Every time they email me and tell me they've caught a cheater, my reaction is to think that their capture rate is 50% at best.

On the sites that don't email me,it never crosses my mind to think about how often I might be getting cheated, if at all.

Therefore, ldo, all the cheaters are at stars :eek:

(I know I'm stoopid, but I'm normal stoopid, not above average stoopid :rolleyes: )

I reckon stars catch around 10% maybe even less of cheats. Its very hard to catch cheating with all the tools available to players, but its widespread on all networks as far as I'm concern.

At least stars seem to be catching people and making it puplic unlike other networks who seem to catch nobody and just make statements privately about catching cheats.

If someone wants to cheat it will always be very hard to stop them, this is why sites should make the players identiy public and let the poker community force them out of the game by refusing to give them action.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 955 ✭✭✭sickpuppy

Has anyone ever gotten an email from a different network than stars?
    saying we have caught cheaters etc? heres some $$$$$ back?
    im off to get another 3 wireless routers and a few mobile intrenet connections see can i make a few quid

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭Samoa Joe

sickpuppy wrote: »
    Has anyone ever gotten an email from a different network than stars?
    saying we have caught cheaters etc? heres some $$$$$ back?
    im off to get another 3 wireless routers and a few mobile intrenet connections see can i make a few quid

I have recieved a few mails from iPoker asking us to credit accounts as collusion has been found.

They actually sent a mail a week or 2 ago asking us to credit someone as they had found someone cheating in a mtt and it had a bearing on the players final position.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭bingobars

Epic first post but just wanna add that yes I got a mial from Tilt about cheaters. I heard the 45 seaters are getting hit up pretty badly. They returned around $50 to me. Fair play IMO....

:cool:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

what about annie dude and the bold phil on ultimate bet

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

annie duke

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

Macspower wrote: »
    I've come to the conclusion that there is no cheating on ipoker!

you're kidding right?! after upwards of 2million hands played on ipoker i've never received anything resembling OPs email from ipoker.. guess me and my colluding buddies continue to run good, what luck..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,716 ✭✭✭poker--addict

wonder how many people got a share...a few 48 dollars would add up to alot of money cheated out of people...and what about those not caught..im pretty sure only a tiny minority do i get caught..as with all crime.

😎

Advertisement