Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

European Elections

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭dmeehan

the labour candidate Allan Kelly is currently winning the poll with 21% of votes, with SF's Toiréasa Ferris coming in second place with 18%

I am delighted to announce that Kathy Sinnot is in last place!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Interyurauldone

dmeehan wrote: »
    the labour candidate Allan Kelly is currently winning the poll with 21% of votes, with SF's Toiréasa Ferris coming in second place with 18%

I am delighted to announce that Kathy Sinnot is in last place!

Fair play to you. With the deadline now closed i presume we'll see polls over the coming weeks in the various papers.

Will Crowley suffer the expected FF backlash? I reckon he mightn't be as affected as other FF candidtes.

Burke and Kelly should benefit from the general rise in FG suppory plus Kelly's GAA background will pull him a lot of support. I know die hard FF people giving him a number 2 and in some cases giving him their number 1.

Sinnot in trouble maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

Fair play to you. With the deadline now closed i presume we'll see polls over the coming weeks in the various papers.

Will Crowley suffer the expected FF backlash? I reckon he mightn't be as affected as other FF candidtes.

Burke and Kelly should benefit from the general rise in FG suppory plus Kelly's GAA background will pull him a lot of support. I know die hard FF people giving him a number 2 and in some cases giving him their number 1.

Sinnot in trouble maybe?

Isn't that guy supposed to be a cure for insomnia when he makes a "speech"? They'll be keeping their eyes open with matchsticks if he gets to Strasbourg.

The poll an be found on http://kerrynews.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/european-elections-2009/

Currently Alan Kelly and Toireasa Ferris are in joint first place with 20% each Sean Kelly from Killarney is next with 17%

• Registered Users Posts: 15,127 ✭✭✭✭kerry4sam

The poll an be found on http://kerrynews.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/european-elections-2009/

Currently Alan Kelly and Toireasa Ferris are in joint first place with 20% each Sean Kelly from Killarney is next with 17%

Sean Kelly should be okay here in Kerry - With his GAA history in the county, I would be seriously surprised if he wasn't successful.

Brian Crowley seems a little quiet of late, I wouldn't mind hearing from him being honest. I always thought him to be a great stalwart in Brussels

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭Interyurauldone

kerry4sam wrote: »
    Sean Kelly should be okay here in Kerry - With his GAA history in the county, I would be seriously surprised if he wasn't successful.

Brian Crowley seems a little quiet of late, I wouldn't mind hearing from him being honest. I always thought him to be a great stalwart in Brussels

I agree Crowley is very quiet. He'll be relying heavy on the FF machine from next week on. But i still beleive that the FF "machine" could be seriously depleted this time around.

Dan Boyle on 14% i'm surprised with that? I see ferris on 22%, she's a fresh new face going into an election where people are crying out for change but i just can't see her polling well in east Munster. Sean Kelly entering the race will harm her too.

Have many voted in the poll?

• Registered Users Posts: 975 ✭✭✭newman10

Sinnot in trouble maybe?

IMO Kathy Sinnot has been the most dissapointing of our MEPs. As the parent of a child with a disability I had expected way more from her but all we seem to get was a Munster Dana whom you couldnt seperate from the Catholic church.

Just reminds me of Jackie Healy-Rae in being self serving and has let down people with disabilities

seen Sean Kelly pressing the flesh in Manor West today, along with his full size cardboard cutouts - i forsee intersting and funny vanalisation with these

Have many voted in the poll?

I cant get how many people have voted, only the number of votes cast for each candidate

attachment.php?attachmentid=80191&d=1242644602

The poll is here, for any who have not voted yet.

here is the latest percentages of the poll:

Alan Kelly (Labour Party) 21%
    Toiréasa Ferris (Sinn Fein) 20%
    Seán Kelly (Fine Gael) 18%
    Brian Crowley (Fianna Fàil) 13%
    Dan Boyle (Green Party) 11%
    Colm Burke (Fine Gael) 8%
    Edward (Ned) O´Keeffe (Fianna Fàil) 5%
    Kathy Sinnott (Independent) 4%

The poll can be found here: http://kerrynews.wordpress.com/2009/05/08/european-elections-2009/

Is it 3 or 4 seats?
    I wonder would Ms Ferris gather much votes outside of Kerry, especially North Kerry. Anyone with predictions (before the result is announced)?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 149 ✭✭sslazio11

Is it 3 or 4 seats?
    I wonder would Ms Ferris gather much votes outside of Kerry, especially North Kerry. Anyone with predictions (before the result is announced)?

Brian Crowley will top the poll. Sean Kelly should comfortably secure the second seat, and I see Alan Kelly taking the third seat on the back of Labour's increasing popularity.

Toireasa Ferris probably won't get enough votes outside Kerry, and she won't benefit too much from transfers either.

So, in my opinion:

1. Crowley
    2. S.Kelly
    3. A.Kelly

does Sean Kelly get much popularity outside Kerry? 'spose he was GAA president so would be well known for that. I take there are some who wont vote for him for the whole Rule 42 thing :D

• Registered Users Posts: 23,994 ✭✭✭✭ejmaztec

does Sean Kelly get much popularity outside Kerry? 'spose he was GAA president so would be well known for that. I take there are some who wont vote for him for the whole Rule 42 thing :D

I'm in Kerry, and I wouldn't vote for him - too much like jobs for the boys, which illustrates that FF and FG have something in common. As I mentioned in a previous post, he would bore the pants off people.

• Registered Users Posts: 112 ✭✭Geog

Ferris won't be popular outside Kerry. It will be Crowley, Kelly (slight chance of Burke) and Kelly or Synott. Wouldn't write Synnott off at all.
    The oneswho could be completely written off would be Ned O'Keeffe (hasn't a hope at all), unfortunately Don Boyle (who is a genuine guy and would be in a strong position if The Greens weren't propping up FF in Government), probably T Ferris. After that it could be any of the remainder, though I'd say Crowley (with his barely visible FF signs on his posters) is a dead cert.

Advertisement