Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Maternity Benefit

Options
  • 08-05-2009 2:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭

On the Maternity benefit form it says I must have submitted the form 6 weeks before I am due to take leave but there is a part of the form that must be completed by a doctor AFTER 24 weeks but I have to finish up at 28 weeks as I have a very physical job. How do I do this?? I only have 4 weeks to submit a form to be in 6 weeks before?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Don't worry about it, just get it in when you can. The six weeks is to ensure that your claim is processed on time and that you get your payment the week you finish.

I submitted my form after I had stated Mat leave (long story) and got the payments backdated, and that was only last October.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,138 ✭✭✭foxy06

Thats grand i'll wait til i'm 24 weeks but that is a ridiculous flaw in that form.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

foxy06 wrote: »
    Thats grand i'll wait til i'm 24 weeks but that is a ridiculous flaw in that form.
    how is that a flaw in the form?your doctor can still complete the section after 24weeks

yabadabado wrote: »
    how is that a flaw in the form?your doctor can still complete the section after 24weeks

Yep, but technically the form is supposed to be in with MatBen section 6 weeks to beginning of Mat leave.................seeing as OP is going on mat leave at 28 weeks its not possible for her to have it in 6 weeks beforehand AND have the Doc sign it after 24 weeks:)

• Registered Users Posts: 16,524 ✭✭✭✭yabadabado

IsThatSo? wrote: »
    Yep, but technically the form is supposed to be in with MatBen section 6 weeks to beginning of Mat leave.................seeing as OP is going on mat leave at 28 weeks its not possible for her to have it in 6 weeks beforehand AND have the Doc sign it after 24 weeks:)

the OP wont be going on mat leave at 28wks ,she will be going on illness benefit and then transfering to MAT leave

• Advertisement

Why would I be going on illness benefit??? I am finishing up 12 weeks before I am due and you can take it up to 16 weeks before your due.

You might qualify for leave under Health and Safety...........I am not sure of the ins and outs of it, but if you job is unsuitable for a pregnant woman then you take the leave under health and safety, get a weekly payment, and then keep your mat leave for nearer the time, and for when your baby arrives :)

I really don't know the details of the H&S leave, but do know a nurse who worked nights and had to finish on H&S. I will see if I can find a link to it :)

By the way for anyone in the same situation that needs to finish work early in Pregnancy. You can get your maternity benefit from 24 weeks and get it filled in by doc then and send it off straight away. They told me it will take 2 to 3 weeks and it will be backdated to when you took the leave.

Advertisement