Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

o2 billpay user adn iphone question

Options
  • 08-05-2009 12:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help.
    I have a bill pay tariff with o2 (not an iphone tariff). Its the lowest one I could get, (50 mins, 50 txts PM) and I purchased the 1GB data add-on for €15.
    I recently bought an irish 3G iPhone from a friend, unopened, unused, still in its plastic wrapping, and before I open it I'm wondering if my existing o2 sim will work in it?
    I don't want to open it if its not going to work, I'd rather sell it on as I'm not interested in jailbreaking it or anything.
    Its the activation I'm worried about.
    I did try my current o2 sim in a friends iPhone and it worked fine but of course his was activated and in service etc.
    This one has not even been opened.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Q

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,382 ✭✭✭O2_Daryll

The sim card will work fine in it. There will be nothing else that you will need to do other than pop it in.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

It'll work fine. I have an iPhone 3G I bought via adverts.ie and an O2 Clear €15 SIM + 250MB data add-on, working perfectly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,201 ✭✭✭quintron

That's great news. Thanks lads! Is there an activation procedure with Irish iPhones when you first power up of sync with iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,214 ✭✭✭cojomo2

quintron wrote: »
    Hi,
    I'm hoping someone can help.
    I have a bill pay tariff with o2 (not an iphone tariff). Its the lowest one I could get, (50 mins, 50 txts PM) and I purchased the 1GB data add-on for €15.
    I recently bought an irish 3G iPhone from a friend, unopened, unused, still in its plastic wrapping, and before I open it I'm wondering if my existing o2 sim will work in it?
    I don't want to open it if its not going to work, I'd rather sell it on as I'm not interested in jailbreaking it or anything.
    Its the activation I'm worried about.
    I did try my current o2 sim in a friends iPhone and it worked fine but of course his was activated and in service etc.
    This one has not even been opened.
    Any advice appreciated.
    Cheers,
    Q

Slightly off topic, but 15 a month for 1 gb add on is a serious rip off..

Who are you tellin!! I've been giving out about data charges in This country for ages. I've a 1gb with voda for half that and I used to be with 3 but having had a chance to compare the speeds at different locations o2 has been a consistent winner. It is a rip off but it's getting slightly more realistic. It wasn't long ago that we were paying a fortune per MB which was really the dark ages. We'll just have to wait and see. Data use on handsets is becoming intrinsic to mobile communication and networks will have to change their business model accordingly.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Quintron - there's not much to the activation. Just have the SIM inserted (and unlocked, I think) and connect it to the computer running iTunes.

Thanks Stephen.

Advertisement