Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Other sources of income?

Options
  • 08-05-2009 10:44am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 13

I'm looking for alternative sources of income (aren't we all!)

Has anyone got any ideas or any experience of what might work or won't work.

I know the usual type of thing people do are B&B, cheese making, ice cream and yoghurts but has anyone anything else to offer?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,141 ✭✭✭colrow

Not that its my cup of tea exactly, How about making a local brew with a micro brewery

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

Handcrafts, selling animal skins as rugs, off farm job, open farm, activity farm such as paint ball, quads or hovercrafts, ash butt collector/dealer for hurleys, bog oak dealer for carving. Its endless.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,339 ✭✭✭bladespin

Electricity, put a turbine or hydro pump in, should be plenty of room, ESB buy surplus electricity from you.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,552 ✭✭✭pakalasa

If you are near an urban area, open farm (petting farm) for kids.

One local guy allows trucks, vans to park on his farm. Some people don't want to bring them into housing estates.

• Registered Users Posts: 718 ✭✭✭fastrac

Allotments .You could charge for doing the ploughing ,rotavating etc. Find a buyer for the surplus .Dog kennels for the summer the existing ones tend to fill up .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 11,786 ✭✭✭✭whelan1

on the open/pet farm idea do people have the money now to bring their little darlings to these i often thought of opening one , how much would you charge in , would the insurance be mad? would you need a coffee shop too?

Advertisement