Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

My MSN buddies spam/whatever

Options
  • 08-05-2009 12:48am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭

A friend of mine who's offline on msn keeps popping up online then offline and sending me an IM like this

someone uploaded a picture of u!!! http://exposed.flick-photos.com/?u=changing3.jpg

I'm worried i'm doing the same thing to other people. what's causing this and how is it removed?

Comments

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

He was probably linked to a site that looks very like msn but was actually a phising site and entered his login details. If he changes his password that should sort it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

He was probably linked to a site that looks very like msn but was actually a phising site and entered his login details. If he changes his password that should sort it.

its really wierd. I just got this one
    CONNECT WITH MILLIONS OF REAL PEOPLE! http://www.wildxdates.com/chat.php

they wont harm me will they?

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 35,056 Mod ✭✭✭✭AlmightyCushion

As long as you don't click the links you'll be fine.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 350 ✭✭b28

why do they send out viruses like this? what do they achieve?

b28 wrote: »
    why do they send out viruses like this? what do they achieve?

It's quite simple really. They're assholes.

• Advertisement
Advertisement