Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

who is padraig morris

Options
  • 07-05-2009 11:31pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭

just after reading the roscommon people about the local canditates in castlerea area
    who is this guy and his turf cutting

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭In my opinion

dennistuam wrote: »
    just after reading the roscommon people about the local canditates in castlerea area
    who is this guy and his turf cutting

He is someone with notions of adequacy seems FF did not select him and he is running as an Ind FF candidate. Turf cutting number 1 priority for West Roscommon 2009-2014 anyone tell him the real importance of local government?

Hopefully he will get less than 100 votes. A few good candidates running here though. Kelly, Mc Greal, Frain, Fitzmaurice all have a brain and hopefully something to offer. Actually some good local councillors have come from this general area over the years. Connor, Lynn, Scally, Burke, Waldron, Mc Greal,the Haw, all highly vocal and progressive over the years and seemed to get things done.

Ming very negative but great ideas and highly industrious will have to give him a 5 but he will not need it sure to be elected especially after the scum bag comment!!

• Registered Users Posts: 8,141 ✭✭✭Ronan|Raven

He is someone with notions of adequacy seems FF did not select him and he is running as an Ind FF candidate. Turf cutting number 1 priority for West Roscommon 2009-2014 anyone tell him the real importance of local government?

Hopefully he will get less than 100 votes. A few good candidates running here though. Kelly, Mc Greal, Frain, Fitzmaurice all have a brain and hopefully something to offer. Actually some good local councillors have come from this general area over the years. Connor, Lynn, Scally, Burke, Waldron, Mc Greal,the Haw, all highly vocal and progressive over the years and seemed to get things done.

Ming very negative but great ideas and highly industrious will have to give him a 5 but he will not need it sure to be elected especially after the scum bag comment!!

Most of the Councillors in that list are nothing more than self serving, back slapping expense draining goons. Planning at local level is a wonderful thing.

Also what happened in relation to Ming and the scumbag comment? Did someone call him it or he call someone? :)

Most of the Councillors in that list are nothing more than self serving, back slapping expense draining goons. Planning at local level is a wonderful thing.

Also what happened in relation to Ming and the scumbag comment? Did someone call him it or he call someone? :)

Planning is a management function, Planning policy is an executive function.

Ming claimed that there were too many scumbags living in Castlerea, He is believe it or not opposed to "jailbirds" living in housing estates in Castlerea! He of course is not a jail bird and does not live in a housing estate in Castlerea.

Read Roscommon People this week free in the shops or online.

He isnt far wrong though, there are some interesting pieces of pond life recently moved into Castlerea.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

how will it go in the election next week in castlerea area

• Advertisement

dennistuam wrote: »
    how will it go in the election next week in castlerea area

In my opinion the following are certs Ming, Kelly, Creaton and Callaghan. First two will top the pole the second two are geographically perfectly located. Now the other 3 seats are up for grabs. Michael Mc Greal should get one but that said he is supposed to be in trouble but thats what they all say. Mulligan has a poor profile I think the shinner fire is smouldering out ,especially as a lot of younger people in Ballagh can vote for Ming. Good chance that Fianna Fail will get NO seat.

Final call Kelly, Ming, Creaton, Callaghan, Mc Greal, Murray and One other!

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭shindig-jp

Ming is in for a little surprise if he does not apologise for backing an anonymous woman on Church Road calling Travelers and people who have done their time and have already paid for their crimes "Scumbags"

Watch the Roscommon People next week for the next installment

shindig-jp wrote: »
    Ming is in for a little surprise if he does not apologise for backing an anonymous woman on Church Road calling Travelers and people who have done their time and have already paid for their crimes "Scumbags"

Saw two letters in this weeks edition about it, nothing great in either TBH.

More to come?

Will we get to find out who ran away with the spoon?

Will we get to find out who ran away with the spoon?

You obviously can not debate a subject . Always a good idea to get up to speed before you post .Or you could start your own thread of nonsense

• Advertisement

You obviously can not debate a subject . Always a good idea to get up to speed before you post .Or you could start your own thread of nonsense

So we don't get to find out then?

I'll debate with ya. Is there more to come?

So we don't get to find out then?

So we don't get to find ........out........... then

I have looked carefully at your sentence and separated it for clarity

and have found "out" in it .

So now you have found "it" as well as "out"

I'll debate with ya. Is there more to come?

Check out todays Roscommon People with regard to John Sharkey's post to the editor

Back to the original person this thread was about Padraig Morris. He had his Campaign Launch last Friday night in Ballinlough and it was amazingly well attended. Perhaps the free food could have had something to do with it who knows. I was surprised as an inhabitant of this dreary yet charming backwater that is Ballinlough that there was such a turnout given the large support for Fianna Gael in this town.

Will he get elected? Not a chance, I feel he would be doing very well to get fifty votes given the area he is running, it being his first campaign to run in and the above mentioned support for Fianna Gael.

It has annoyed a lot of people that he is running but he is as entitled as the next man or woman to run for election. The main reason for annoyance being that it may take votes away from the stronger Candidate in the Town and thus leaving the Town "without a voice"

Ronan|Raven

I'm now beginning to appreciate your opinion . Good post , back on topic .

Check out todays Roscommon People with regard to John Sharkey's post to the editor

Read post 9 on this thread!:)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 155 ✭✭dennistuam

ming should apologise for calling the people in church street scumbags

Advertisement