Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPod help, please

Options
  • 07-05-2009 10:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5

2 months out of the guarantee my 80GB iPod is giving me trouble, i would really appreciate some help.

if i turn it on, it powers on and then the Apple symbol comes up but then it dies and begins the process of starting up again, i.e. it can get to displaying the Apple symbol but no further. If i turn it on i can see and hear it start up but then when it gets to the Apple symbol it dies and starts again, continuosly until the battery eventually dies.

i can put it into disc mode and access my music through iTunes but that is the extent of the iPod's capabilities.

Does anyone know what to do???

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 518 ✭✭✭JeanClaude

Did you try restoring it via iTunes?

• Registered Users Posts: 5 maggsy

no, how do you do that?

maggsy wrote: »
    no, how do you do that?

Connect your iPod via the usb cable when you then open iTunes your iPod should show up, on the left hand side under the devices tab, click on your iPod, you then should have the option to restore your iPod to its original settings. Hope this helps.

JeanClaude i love you!

thank you so much, you are such a gem-you have made my week, it has been bust for the last 3 months and this was a last ditch effort.i really appreciate it.

thank you again JeanClaude!!!

maggsy wrote: »
    JeanClaude i love you!

thank you so much, you are such a gem-you have made my week, it has been bust for the last 3 months and this was a last ditch effort.i really appreciate it.

thank you again JeanClaude!!!

Glad i could be of assistance...:D

• Advertisement

i have successfully got the iPod to reboot and i can navigate through its menus, but after i rebooted it there are no songs on it-its completely blank.

So when i connect it to my laptop, my laptop says "Delayed Write Delayed, windows was unable to save all the data for the file f:/iPod_control. the data has been lost.This error might have been caused by a failure in your computer hardware or network connection. Please try to save this file elsewhere."

It displays "connected" on the iPod and is charging but my itunes is not picking it up?

Advertisement