Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Secondary school jobs

Options
  • 07-05-2009 5:15pm
    Registered Users Posts: 46

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone could tell me where secondary school jobs are advertised? Is there a central website for them? Also when are most jobs advertised?

T

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,382 ✭✭✭✭rainbowtrout

You will nomally find them in the Indo on a Thursday and the Times on a Friday..although they are quite scarce at the moment. And if you're from Cork, the Cork Examiner. Oh and educationposts.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 76 ✭✭01mirelly

hey u get them on educationposts.ie and educationcareers.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 46 Tartopher

Thanks for that. I was kinda hoping that there was a website that I didn't know of and that there was loads of jobs on it that I'd been missing. Turns out that there's just no jobs for language teachers!:rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 181 ✭✭freire

Don't think it's just languages. Seems to be that way across the board. Last year there were reams of ads for language bods.

I reckon there's a demographic about to retire in next year or two, which should free up some slots, if they're replaced of course...:(

• Registered Users Posts: 25,005 ✭✭✭✭Toto Wolfcastle

The scarcity of jobs really is incredible. There is very rarely any ads in the paper. I know that it wouldn't be the peak time for ads but the entire jobs section of most papers has shrunk dramatically.

As freire said, there are a good few retirements due I'd say, but there are plenty of people already in the system to fill a lot of them.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,171 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Most second-level schools have a group retiring over the next few years - the ones that were recruited to deal with the demand following the introduction of 'free' education and who started from the early 70s.

Advertisement