Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iphone

Options
  • 07-05-2009 4:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭

I have an unlocked iphone 2g, i'm not sure what updates it has as I got it from a friend.
    Anyway its unlocked, so when I put my meteor sim in it it asks for the pin, I enter the pin and all it says then is "connect to Itunes" and at the bottom it says "slide for emergeny calls".........

I can't actually get into the phone
    Someone told me it is asleep and needs to be woken up?
    Anyone tell me what the problem is or how I can fix it?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Rob_l

alan1990 wrote: »
    I have an unlocked iphone 2g, i'm not sure what updates it has as I got it from a friend.
    Anyway its unlocked, so when I put my meteor sim in it it asks for the pin, I enter the pin and all it says then is "connect to Itunes" and at the bottom it says "slide for emergeny calls".........

I can't actually get into the phone

It needs to be activated!

Do as it says and connect to a pc which has itunes and activate!

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Sounds like it needs to be activated via iTunes. I recall getting this the first time I turned my iPhone on.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

I did and it says "The SIM card in this Iphone does not appear to be supported"

• Registered Users Posts: 486 ✭✭Metalpanic

As far as I can remember if it asks to be connected to itunes it's not an unlocked iphone. Are you sure your friend unlocked it before he gave it to you?

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

I did and it says "The SIM card in this Iphone does not appear to be supported"

Yup, it's not unlocked so.

Look at the links at the top of the forum for details on how to unlock it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

ok, I plugged it into Itunes and I pressed recover and update so as far as I no its definetly not unlocked now so I'll get a o2 sim later and see if it works with it.......I think I might have an iBrick

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭THEFRIDGE

ok, I plugged it into Itunes and I pressed recover and update so as far as I no its definetly not unlocked now so I'll get a o2 sim later and see if it works with it.......I think I might have an iBrick

Not at all if you wanna stay with meteor just unlock it.. its 2g so its pretty straight forward, follow the instructions on the link below.
    http://www.iclarified.com/entries/index.php?caid=2&scid=11&seid=1

The only thing I will say is to read the instructions and check what firmware you are running and the version of itunes on your pc.

Any questions just ask

Advertisement