Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Another damn bankroll question

Options
  • 07-05-2009 4:21pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭

SnG 9 seater bankroll btw.

So let's say you have a bankroll of $2500 and you're multi-tabling 6 to 7 tables. Now I'm currently playing the $30 games which is a $210 investment each time I sit down - which is an 8% investment (or should I look at each one as a $30 investment - which is a 1% investment?).

Now I haven't played too many games at this level (played about 1k at this level over a two year period but I'm going to disregard that for the moment), maybe close to 200, but I'm not sure how to approach the next level.

Is it best to play six $30 and one $50 starting off? And then gradually go five $30/two $50, four $30/three $50 and so on? Or would you advocate playing seven $50 with a roll of $2.5k?

I just get confused when it comes to multi-tabling and bankroll management.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 932 ✭✭✭Donkathon

7 tables your a sick man i get dizzy at 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 797 ✭✭✭aya14

Stick to one or the other you are rolled for $30 games more so than $50 ones.
    Mixing and matching different buy ins leads to an untrue roi and fúcks up your line of play imo.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

Donkathon wrote: »
    7 tables your a sick man i get dizzy at 4

Haha it's a bit head wrecking at times but I'm gradually getting used to it.

aya14 wrote: »
    Stick to one or the other you are rolled for $30 games more so than $50 ones.
    Mixing and matching different buy ins leads to an untrue roi and fúcks up your line of play imo.

When would you recommend multi-tabling $50s? $3k mark+?

Thanks.

When would you recommend multi-tabling $50s? $3k mark+?

Thanks.
    To prevent downswings eating into your roll build up to circa $5k before starting $50 games I'd drop back to $30 games at circa 4k/4.5k

• Advertisement

Hmmm, interesting. Think I'm playing above my current level with $2.5k? I've a note saying drop down to $20 if I get below $2k.

Hmmm, interesting. Think I'm playing above my current level with $2.5k? I've a note saying drop down to $20 if I get below $2k.
    Nope dropping down at $2k is fine you have more leeway at 20/30/50 than $3/$6 games.

Cool, thanks for the replies. I just need to make sure my bankroll approach is 100% spot on!

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

aya14 wrote: »
    To prevent downswings eating into your roll build up to circa $5k before starting $50 games I'd drop back to $30 games at circa 4k/4.5k

Totally agree with your comments. I play most of my sng's during the day at $10, and in the evening at $20. Reason is not bankroll, I can't find decent $20 games during the day. I'm multi-tabling 4-6 tables. Any advice on best site for that type of action/time scenario?
    I'm ready to move to $30 pretty soon too.

• Registered Users Posts: 515 ✭✭✭DrJFF

gorrrr72 wrote: »
    Totally agree with your comments. I play most of my sng's during the day at $10, and in the evening at $20. Reason is not bankroll, I can't find decent $20 games during the day. I'm multi-tabling 4-6 tables. Any advice on best site for that type of action/time scenario?
    I'm ready to move to $30 pretty soon too.

pokerstars you wil get tables at any time of the day

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,238 ✭✭✭shano_88

DrJFF wrote: »
    pokerstars you wil get tables at any time of the day
    but it doesnt have rakeback. Thats the only drawback with stars really.....I think full tilt is a better option. Its got really good traffic, I really like there sng structure and they have rakeback

• Registered Users Posts: 1,361 ✭✭✭dougee19

ipoker sng's are starting non stop lately and thats an option, one where you can get rakeback and decent deals too

• Registered Users Posts: 539 ✭✭✭gorrrr72

shano_88 wrote: »
    but it doesnt have rakeback. Thats the only drawback with stars really.....I think full tilt is a better option. Its got really good traffic, I really like there sng structure and they have rakeback

Been on Full T. for 20 mins and $20 table still hasn't started. It's not really what I'm looking for. Evening traffic might be good but I have no problem on any site with evening traffic.
    Looking to jump on at around 9am until 1pm and multi table 4/5 games at $20 and then $30 maybe next month. Ipoker is ok for $10 games like this but no traffic on higher limits.
    Might have a look at stars.

Just to bump this again as I wouldn't mind a few more opinions on it...

My roll is at 3.1k now which means I've over 100 buy-ins for this level. From what I've read on forums and books (Colin Moshman for example), I don't think they recommend that many buy-ins. If I was to move up to $50 I'd have 60 buy-ins.

Bear in mind that I'm multi-tabling (still would like some input to the investment thing I was on about in the opening post).

Thanks.

Mind your heads

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

For SNG's 100 buy-ins is recommended, 60 buy-ins would be too low. I'd wait till I have 80 buy-ins then I'd start mixing in $50 SNG's. I cant really comment on the investment thing well because I dont play many SnG's.

Thanks Chunky. Appreciate the feedback, the more the merrier!

I just remember Big Mick saying that 30 or 40 is good for sngs (could be wrong here), hence me plugging this thread :)

• Registered Users Posts: 812 ✭✭✭Irish Iron

shano_88 wrote: »

are stars fpps not just as good as rakeback if you have enough of them?

Advertisement