Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

paradise poker(sporting bet) bunch of gangsters

Options
  • 07-05-2009 2:47pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6

hello,

2yrs ago i cashed out from paradise poker (PP for times sake) and received a cheque for 183 euros, the cheque however stated it was only payable in great britain. so i brought it to my local bank who in turn sent in to barcalys bank in the uk, where it got lost in the system and i eventually forgot about it untill recently when i contacted PP about it and after a month or 2 they retreived it from barcalys. this is where the problems and bare faced lies started. they emailed me to say that the cheque had been signed and stamped by me. firstly, of course i signed a chque i wanted to be cashed. secondly, they emailed me a photocopied image of the cheque and the stamp clearly says UNPAID. i know im right about this and have not received a cent of this money. i mean if i had would they not have a record in there accounts of it? its a matter of principle now and i wont let it lie, i know im being shafted, any suggestions would be appreciated thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

sounds like they are screwing you all right.

It could be your own bank that is screwing you though. AIB just love to **** with you and lie to you and steal from you if you bring them a foreign cheque, so don't rule that out.

In any case you gave the cheque to your bank who are meant to sort out the processof converting it into cash, so take it up with them first.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,764 ✭✭✭DeadParrot

Sporting bet have a cust service centre in Parkwest afaik.
    (I had an interview there many moons ago and turned down the job)
    It depends on how mad you wanna go with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 cofster

well i intend to persue it fairly hard, i was thinking of giving them 'you'll be hearing from my lawyer' spiel but i was never fond of those mental bluffs ha. but in truth i havent been working since december and have always been making money with online poker untill ipoker put me on their asshole list and lose majority of showdowns when im the favorite (but thats for another thread) and i could really do with the 180 to get myself back on the ladder ya know? i just wish they showed a little integrity, im not lying and they know that. all i wanted was for the money to be credited back to my pkr acc and not the cash, they would make it back in a month or 2 with the rake, tourney fees etc. and its not as if they dont need more player traffic anyway the site is a bloody dinosaur:D

• Registered Users Posts: 9,472 ✭✭✭AdMMM

I think the problems started when you waited two years to enquire about the cheque. Given the turnover of staff in both the banks and in Paradise Poker, it's no wonder there's a misunderstanding arising now. Just highlight the photocopy of the cheque where it says "unpaid" and don't be abusive or threatening towards them and if they're in anyway efficient you should have the problem sorted out.

fair point, but if can locate the cheque and retreive it after so long with all the relavent details with it surely they can look through their accounts and see if indeed it was cashed. they are purposely being difficult, such as using very vague terms like 'we assume' it has been cashed out and the cheque'indicates you cashed it'. there is nothing definite like we looked through our numbers and found that it was cashed on such n such a date here or there. i understand what you are saying but i wouldn't give them so much credit for being an efficient co. i put it down to pure greed

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,002 ✭✭✭fatguy

Never assign anything to malice that can be explained by incompetence.

so, does anyone have any experience with issues like this one? if so, could you could tell me how you handled/if you had any success or what i should do? thanks again

Advertisement