Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New Website - Feedback please! :-)

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭

Hi All

I'm about to launch iCessorise, a new website what will sell iPhone and iPod Accessories. At the moment it's in test at bp39.betapark.co.uk . I'd really appreciate your feedback on look and feel, products on there, pricing etc. Ultimately, I guess the question is, would you buy from it??

Anything else I should put on there?

Thanks a million - Scotty
    PS - ignore the product shots - they're pants and will be replaced shortly. SMcI

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,089 ✭✭✭cpu-dude

Hi All

I'm about to launch iCessorise, a new website what will sell iPhone and iPod Accessories. At the moment it's in test at bp39.betapark.co.uk . I'd really appreciate your feedback on look and feel, products on there, pricing etc. Ultimately, I guess the question is, would you buy from it??

Anything else I should put on there?

Thanks a million - Scotty
    PS - ignore the product shots - they're pants and will be replaced shortly. SMcI
    That is an excellent looking site, love the colour and layout, nice job.

PS: Is this thread in the right section?

• Registered Users Posts: 184 ✭✭scottyboy1973

cpu-dude wrote: »
    That is an excellent looking site, love the colour and layout, nice job.

PS: Is this thread in the right section?

Possible not - but as most of the gadgets can be used with multiple different types of player, phone etc I thought I'd put it in here for thoughts. Happy for suggestions (polite only please! ;-) as to where else I might stick it. Thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 6,146 ✭✭✭Passenger

Well the site is slick. Prices seem reletively standard. All the best with it. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,080 ✭✭✭hallelujajordan

Site looks great . . Easy to navigate and a good range of products . . So how about a discount for boardsies when you go live ?

Site looks great . . Easy to navigate and a good range of products . . So how about a discount for boardsies when you go live ?

Absolutely - I'll make a discount code available. All the feedback has been a great help and, as they say, you get nuthin for nuthin!

I just want to make sure I dont get cited for spurious advertising on Boards!!
    :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Looks fine to me. The design isn't wildly exciting or anything, but that's not the point. It's easy to navigate and I would use it. The only thing I'd say is that you might need another navigation level as your product range increass. i.e. iPod Touch > Speakers > <products>

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,326 ✭✭✭waraf

Surely icessorise should have two C's like accessorise. Just a thought

• Registered Users Posts: 3,140 ✭✭✭ocallagh

not sure if it was intended, but the hover over on IE on the global NAV flashes as if some images were not preloaded. Goes from dark grey to black, to ligher grey

• Registered Users Posts: 1,176 ✭✭✭podgeen

Overall the site looks good and I agree with the comments so far.

I tried adding something to my basket and tested your checkout process. Personally I find it off putting when I am purchasing something from a site and they force me to become a member on their site. I would suggest providing the option to purchase without becoming a member as this should help complete the number of completions.

I notice you have paypal, visa, mastercard, 3V and american express icons displayed on this site. At the point of checkout the only option I received was PayPal. Maybe this is because you are still testing but I thought i'd point it out anyhow.

Dave

• Registered Users Posts: 379 ✭✭TheWaterboy

I agree with all the comments - site is simple and to the point. Well laid out and easy to navigate. I too hate when you have to register with a site to make a purchase. Turns me off completly.

Also best to add in a contact number - helps with trusting the site more.

There is no Shipping information or an About Us section. These arent 100% necessry but again help put your shoppers at ease.

In FAQ you have the companies registered address. Add in the company registration number here too.

Just one comment - Isnt iCessorise a hard name to remember / spell. Just if someone told you - "Ya check out iCessorise..." you would find it had to remember the name. Only my two cents. Good luck with it though.

• Advertisement

podgeen wrote: »
    Overall the site looks good and I agree with the comments so far.

I tried adding something to my basket and tested your checkout process. Personally I find it off putting when I am purchasing something from a site and they force me to become a member on their site. I would suggest providing the option to purchase without becoming a member as this should help complete the number of completions.

I notice you have paypal, visa, mastercard, 3V and american express icons displayed on this site. At the point of checkout the only option I received was PayPal. Maybe this is because you are still testing but I thought i'd point it out anyhow.

Dave

when you click on hte Pay With PayPal it brings you to the page where you can pay with either PayPal or a credit card. this isnt totally obvious from the button but I was hoping I had gotten around it by putting in the bold para above? I guess not!

Re the member stuff, we need all the info requested in order to ship teh stuff to you and I dont know many other websites where you dont have to log in to purchase? Also, the CMS wont let you do that so even if I wanted to..........:(

waraf wrote: »
    Surely icessorise should have two C's like accessorise. Just a thought

just in case I get customers who can spell looking for the site:), I bought iccessorise.com and will bump it on to icessorise.com

podgeen wrote: »

Dave

Hey Dave - I changed the copy on the button to 'Pay Via PayPal or Credit Card'. Does that work any better from an optics perspective?

Thanks for your feedback btw

• Registered Users Posts: 6,499 ✭✭✭daymobrew

Re the member stuff, we need all the info requested in order to ship teh stuff to you and I dont know many other websites where you dont have to log in to purchase? Also, the CMS wont let you do that so even if I wanted to..........:(
    It is rare that you can buy without an account though a recent Sitepoint newsletter describes a site that was losing customers because it required registration.

Zen Cart has a module that allows checkout without an account.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 805 ✭✭✭suey71

beautiful site. easy on the eye, very user friendly. who developed the site? i'm in the planning stages of opening an online store and would love a website as good as this. don't mean to be nosey but was it expensive.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭honeymonster

Hey

I love the design, normally I would stay away from black but it looks very good against the green.

Maybe you could add a search option, for me I hate scrolling through categories.

Overall it looks very professional, good job.

Hey

I love the design, normally I would stay away from black but it looks very good against the green.

Maybe you could add a search option, for me I hate scrolling through categories.

Overall it looks very professional, good job.

thanks a million - I took your advice and stuck in the search option. if you get a chance, have a look and see if this does it for you

thanks again - SM

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

just in case I get customers who can spell looking for the site:), I bought iccessorise.com and will bump it on to icessorise.com

I'd also pick up the -ize suffix versions (American spelling).

+1 on the remove appearance of requiring membership, that sitepoint thread is a good read.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,253 ✭✭✭✭Eoin

Creating an account has never bothered me. I want to give them my email address so I can get shipment updates, and they have my billing and shipping address. So they already have all the information about me that they could use to pester me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Lovely :)

• Advertisement

eoin wrote: »
    So they already have all the information about me that they could use to pester me.

I prefer to think of it as keeping customers abreast of product offers that may be relevant to them depending on their historic purchasing habits! :D

Dave! wrote: »
    Lovely :)

I shall assume that thats directed at me for the site, accept your pleasantitudes (sp?) and offer you double discount when we go live! ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

Gentleman :D

• Registered Users Posts: 16,412 ✭✭✭✭Trojan

eoin wrote: »
    Creating an account has never bothered me. I want to give them my email address so I can get shipment updates, and they have my billing and shipping address. So they already have all the information about me that they could use to pester me.

That, in fact, is the whole point.

If you're going to gather all the info that a "Registration" requires during the course of the purchase, then why scare off loads of potential customers by calling it a Registration? Just call that button "Continue" and everyone's happy!

Trojan wrote: »
    That, in fact, is the whole point.

If you're going to gather all the info that a "Registration" requires during the course of the purchase, then why scare off loads of potential customers by calling it a Registration? Just call that button "Continue" and everyone's happy!

A fair point and one that I can look at right now - everything's up for grabs!

in fact, if anyone needs to build a store, the crowd I'm using - bluepark.co.uk - is very good. flat fee per month, no %age on purchases. only downside is limited numberr of PSPs to process payments.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 silurian1980

Design is fine and flows well. The only issue I have is with the name. In my experience if you have an odd name you (and people spreading the name by word of mouth) will keep needing to spell it out all the time, not good, people won't remember unless it's written down! A web site's popularity is often spread simply by word of mouth and the address needs to be easily remembered.

Good aesthetics and functionality but bad name!

Thanks silurian - I'll take your feeback on board. I bought iccessorise.com too just in case folk think that my spelling is off - I'll bump from there to iCessorise.

Hey all - thanks for your feedback, all of which has been really useful. The site is now live at www.icessorise.com for a range of accessories for your ipod, iphone and MP3 player. To celebrate the store launching there is 10% off for the month of July.

Have a look and if there's something you like the look of, buy it!! ;-)

Advertisement