Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best all-round virus and security package?

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:48pm
    Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Music Moderators Posts: 12,778 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I hate virus scanners and security software. I generally do not use them they irritate me so much, I'm just careful how I use my pc and I reinstall often.

Anyway on my dad's pc, he had anti-virus and also some anti-spyware - but he still got a nasty one which totally screwed up his pc. It's getting formatted now to fix it.

I want to put a all-in-one package on his pc that will protect him but not be intrusive like so many others. The reason i hate them is that they want to be in your face telling you useless information all the time.

Can anyone recommend a good package that does not need hand holding, will not shout at you every day, but just sit in the background quietly and protect you from Viruses and Malware?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,983 ✭✭✭Tea_Bag

AVG is a free and simple anti virus and spyware program

http://free.avg.com/

I use PC Tools Spyware Doctor and AntiVirus, but it isnt free and it must be configured a bit to get rid of the annoying essays it seems to write you.

Advertisement