Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grateful thanks for honesty in Kilkenny

Options
  • 07-05-2009 1:12pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 10,325 ✭✭✭✭

Just a quick topic to thank whoever it was who handed my wife's handbag into Dunnes in Kilkenny. There was money for 2 weeks shopping in it and camera and CU savings stamps, C/Cards and the usual. My wife was in bits and has never been as grateful about someone's honesty.

So whoever you are, Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,757 ✭✭✭Deliverance XXV

Whoever that was I'm impressed. Glad to hear honesty and integrity is still alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 314 ✭✭Alzar

....Glad to hear honesty and integrity is still alive.

I'll second that!

Al.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,442 ✭✭✭Firetrap

+1

It's great when people are honest:cool:. This from someone who was once in something like your wife's shoes and wasn't fortunate enough to have the money returned

• Closed Accounts Posts: 493 ✭✭thealltimelow

that was my mum who handed in that bag

• Closed Accounts Posts: 453 ✭✭nuttz

that was my mum who handed in that bag

Good on your mum!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Its nice to see a happy ending!
    I was in a similar situation a few years ago when I was a student in carlow. Lost my wallet whilst cycling my bike, some wonderful person found it and saw my student card and handed it in to the students' union - that being a few miles from where it was dropped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭fabbydabby

I am a divil for losing stuff, and I have found that people, for the most part, are decent, and will return it or hand it in.

I was at ****** one year and I retrieved a ringing phone half buried in the muck. I described my appearance and location to the distressed lass on the other end and she showed up 5 mins later, orgasmic with the relief of having her phone returned.

She was rather unattractive though, and so I bid her adieu and went on my (very) merry way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,477 ✭✭✭✭Raze_them_all

fabbydabby wrote: »
    I am a divil for losing stuff, and I have found that people, for the most part, are decent, and will return it or hand it in.

I was at ****** one year and I retrieved a ringing phone half buried in the muck. I described my appearance and location to the distressed lass on the other end and she showed up 5 mins later, orgasmic with the relief of having her phone returned.

She was rather unattractive though, and so I bid her adieu and went on my (very) merry way.
    ha ha ha so at that event is like vegas...what happens there stays there! shoulda tried it tbh

No man, I was wasted, but not THAT wasted... She was a hoofer.

Why is 0xegen being blanked out? It's not a swearword yet is it?

See the charter re M C D.

• Advertisement

Oh my bad. Apologies!

Is it really necessary to block the word out though? I mean do we need to deny its very existance?

These measures seem rather Orwellian in their severity.

I think it is to prevent their legal team from getting any ammunition, and indeed publicity from boards.ie.

Advertisement