Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Baby Gaggia Pod Adaptor????

Options
  • 07-05-2009 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 15

I've just been given a gift of a Baby Gaggia Caffita coffee maker, have discovered that I can only buy the pods online (a bit inconvenient) and that they work out pretty expensive (about 50 cent a cup). Just wondering if anyone knows if an adaptor exists that allows the use of ground coffee with these machines or even if there is anywhere online where they are more reasonably priced???
    Any advice appreciated

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

This might do the trick:

http://www.happydonkey.co.uk/hd0525-gaggia-double-portafilter.html

I am not familiar with pod machines so have assumed that you put the pod into something like the portafilter (looks that way from the pics), so maybe email to check that it would work :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,482 ✭✭✭RE*AC*TOR

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,330 ✭✭✭Gran Hermano

Reactor, I may be wrong but I think that kit is labelled wrong - it's for converting to pods.
    I'd email Happydonkey or Gaggia UK and ask them
    but I reckon all you'll need is a portafilter and basket, just make sure
    you get the right size as I think there are two sizes for the domestic
    Gaggia range.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 amc156

Thanks for your advice, I e-mailed happydonkey.co.uk and they told me I'd be better off buying a new coffee machine than trying to convert the one I have - they seemed to know what they were talking about too, thanks again for the suggestions though!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 988 ✭✭✭IsThatSo?

Don't suppose you could ask the person who gave you the gift if they still had a receipt? Then you might be able to exchange it. You would be the best judge though if the person would be ok about being asked that :)

Its a shame that its not as simple as we thought. Good luck with it.

• Advertisement
Advertisement