Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HRTA, Wednesday Night, May 13th, For Camara charity

Options
  • 07-05-2009 12:02am
    Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭

HRTA, Wednesday Night, May 13th, For Camara charity.

From 7:00 to 9:30.

Camara is an Irish charity who refurbish used computers from businesses and send them to schools and colleges in Africa. In 2008 we sent over 5000 computers to schools in Uganda, Lesotho, Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia, Tanzania and Rwanda.

Each summer for the month of July, volunteers travel to many of these schools to train teachers there in basic to advanced ICT skills and work with our African partners in their computer workshops/hubs.

In July 2009 Francis Marron will travel to Africa with Camara as part of a group of volunteers who will teach IT skills in the schools and hubs where Camara have sent PCs. In order for him to do so he must raise €2500 and between the months of February and July he will be organising fundraising events. All proceeds from these events will go directly towards the Camara Africa project.

Any assistance you can give Francis in his fundraising efforts would be greatly appreciated.

Paul.

Personal Message from Francis

Hey Guys,

Thanks for visiting my personal fundraising page. The Camara Education charity is a very worthy cause and I would very much appreciate your support in helping me to raise funds for this charity.

Camara is an Irish charity who refurbish used computers from businesses and send them to schools and colleges in Africa. In 2008 Camara sent over 5000 computers to schools in Uganda, Lesotho, Kenya, Ethiopia, Zambia, Tanzania and Rwanda. Each summer for the month of July, volunteers travel to many of these schools to train teachers there in basic to advanced ICT skills and work with our African partners in their computer workshops/hubs.

In July 2009 I will travel to Tanzania with Camara as part of a group of volunteers who will teach IT skills in the schools and hubs where Camara have sent PCs. In order for me to do so I must raise €2500 and between the months of February and July.I will be organizing some events over the coming weeks of course all proceeds from these events will go directly towards the Camara Africa project.

The next event I have organized is an Airsoft event at HRTA airsoft on Wednesday 13th May. If would like any details feel free to email me at franciscamara09@gmail.com

Any assistance you can give me in my fundraising efforts would be greatly appreciated.

You can donate using, http://www.mycharity.ie/event/francis_marrons_event/ "sponsor me now" button below via credit or debit card. You can be assured that your transaction on the mycharity.ie website is very secure. You will automatically receive an e-mail from me thanking you for your support, and acknowledging the amount of your donation. Any donation no matter how small is hugely appreciated.

Many thanks in advance for your support,

Francis.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,137 ✭✭✭✭TheDoc

Will do my utmost to be in attendance

• Registered Users Posts: 8,659 ✭✭✭CrazyRabbit

Is there any electronic method for donating? Paypal or similar?

I'd like to contribute, but can't attend on wednesday.

• Registered Users Posts: 869 ✭✭✭hrta

Is there any electronic method for donating? Paypal or similar?

I'd like to contribute, but can't attend on wednesday.

Hi Tony,

I'll have to ask Francis, about that, or he might post it up here.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Likewise I'll try my best to attend, but in the event I can't I'd be interested in an answer to CrazyRabbit's question as well so I can make a donation regardless.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,045 ✭✭✭OzCam

Added to calendar, thank you.

• Advertisement

i have just added a link, for on line donations.

Thanks,

Paul.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭P.K

so this is tomorrow then?
    anyone else heading up?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 'AMG'

shal see you there!!

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

yep

• Registered Users Posts: 14,148 ✭✭✭✭Lemming

Can't make this now unfortunately; snowed under with work to hit a target for monday so will need to just make a donation. Sorry guys :(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,778 ✭✭✭Sod'o swords

Think i may surface for a bit.

couldn't hurt.

Big thanks to every one that showed up tonight, and a big thanks to Guy and Niall for marshaling, thanks.

Paul.

• Registered Users Posts: 941 ✭✭✭AlternateID

No problem. I'll bring spare socks in future.

Guy

Advertisement