Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chelsea getting knocked out of Champions League

Options
  • 06-05-2009 11:52pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭

Anyone seen this? Heard rumblings of a conspiracy or something just wanted to see if any of you guys have seen anything on it?

Basically the ref didn't give 4 penalties and completely rode Chelsea.

Uefa seems to be to blame as they didn't want a all English final.

:eek:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,985 ✭✭✭pvt.joker

dry your eyes. Better team won.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

pvt.joker wrote: »
    dry your eyes. Better team won.
    LOL. If anything my eyes need wetness, dry and itchy today.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,268 ✭✭✭DubTony

Fluoridation, Swine Flu, Aids is a weapon, New World Order, Illuminati, Federal Reserve, North American Union, Amero, Neo-Cons, Obama is the Anti-Christ, George W's a lizzzard, Presidents are puppets, Lisbon, Rigged Elections in the USA, David Rockefeller, and now CHELSEA FC.

The plot has officially been lost.

Serious disscussion only please.

mods?

Super serious topic here.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,258 ✭✭✭MUSEIST

Yeah,
    It would not suprise me if platini had a little word in the refs ear, their was now way chelsea could have won tonight, it just was'nt allowed to happen, will be interesting to see if platini gets his wad of cash out for the final!:mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::eek

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

I know you are Irish, but many Irish people when it comes to sport exist within an English cultural mindset but anyway for whatever reason the English media is convinced that Uefa and Platini are out to get them, this can be seen during the pathetic post match analysis that Sky Sports served up following the game tonight.

Chelsea could have had a penalty tonight but Barca should have got one in the Camp Nou last week, plus Abidal should never ever have been sent off.

Delighted that Barca made it to the final, absolutely delighted, although part of me feels sorry for Michael Ballack, the 'nearly man'

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Im actually interested to see what you guys come up with in here...

Could the retarded comments be deleted plz?

• Registered Users Posts: 10,508 ✭✭✭✭dsmythy

The red card for Barcelona was obviously an attempt by the ref to deflect attention away from his other anti-Chelsea plays in the match ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,869 ✭✭✭Mahatma coat

Well when one looks at the joke that was the Censure of Seria A after their widely publicised Bout of cheatin/Matchfixin, then its not entirely unfeasible that Champions League games are being rigged

Dosent Chelsea belong to Taksin Shiniwath the former PM of Thailand

Barca, Who Owns Barca?

allegations of corruption and the involvement of Shiniwath almost go hand in hand.

so its a Man U Barca Final.

who does that benefit?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40 homme d'affaire

CHD wrote: »
    completely rode Chelsea.

Like when he wrongly sent a Barcelona player off with them being 1-0 down away from home?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,972 ✭✭✭orestes

Good job on the spoiler in the thread title, I'm sure the people who haven't seen the match yet will really appreciate it

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

if it isnt the lizard people, that i'll blame someone randomly

It was Mary lou McDonald
    or

Joe Fritzel

or perhaps they were just Shit

or your a tool

• Registered Users Posts: 357 ✭✭apoch632

Well when one looks at the joke that was the Censure of Seria A after their widely publicised Bout of cheatin/Matchfixin, then its not entirely unfeasible that Champions League games are being rigged

Dosent Chelsea belong to Taksin Shiniwath the former PM of Thailand

Barca, Who Owns Barca?

allegations of corruption and the involvement of Shiniwath almost go hand in hand.

so its a Man U Barca Final.

who does that benefit?

Roman Ambramovich owns Chelsea. Russian Oligarch.

Barca is a members club owned by their supporters

The former Thailand PM once owned Manchester City but sold them to a consortium from Abu Dhabi

• Registered Users Posts: 11,504 ✭✭✭✭DirkVoodoo

Gutted Chelsea aren't in the final but I think Barca v United has the potential to be a better spectacle.

I don't know what the general european's view on "another english final" would have been, but I can't imagine that any real football fan would not head down to their local bar on the 27th to see two of the world's best teams compete for the biggest club trophy.

apoch632 wrote: »
    Roman Ambramovich owns Chelsea. Russian Oligarch.

Barca is a members club owned by their supporters

The former Thailand PM once owned Manchester City but sold them to a consortium from Abu Dhabi

Thanks for clarifyin that, I knew they were owned by some sort of Foreignists.
    So Russian 'Oligarchs' Eh.

Platini is a lizard, well a frog. Some kind of reptile anyway. This is well known. He's also French. French hate English. Chelsea -v- Man United = All English final.

Need i say anymore?

EDIT: Platini is head of Uefa btw.

Think i should contact Micheal Moore about making a film on the refereeing decisions and why a small bald overweight man from Norway could outrun Ballack, i mean c'mon whats up with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Agent Smith infracted for the 'tool' comment.

Folks - the OP wants to discuss this seriously. Please respect that or don't post here.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,443 ✭✭✭✭bonkey

Anyone seen this? Heard rumblings of a conspiracy or something just wanted to see if any of you guys have seen anything on it?

Most of the Swiss papers that I've seen today seem to say that in the first leg, the breaks all want Barca's way, and that while Chelsea may have bene hard done by, this just supports the old adage that it all evens out eventually.

Incidentally, any "conspiracy" which relies on the team being favoured scoring with just over a minute left on the clock is somewhat badly planned, to be honest....unless the Chelsea defence were in on it as well, and the whole thing was just built up to be a managed spectacle with a nail-biting finish.

• Registered Users Posts: 537 ✭✭✭Stimpyone

Chelsea paid the price for their negative tactics. You can't give the opposition, especially Barcelona over 60% of the position and expect them not to score.

-First leg-- Ref let the game flow and could be argued that Barca were denied several free kicks and that Chelsea escaped several yellow cards, including a second one for Ballack for his "tackle" on Xavi in the dying moments of the match.

-Second Leg-- Out of the four penalty shouts only the 3rd held any merit. We have all seen hand balls waived off before (John Terry anybody). Barca should not have had a man sent off and Drogba's reputation may have gone before him.

Karma maybe but definitely not a conspiracy

I'm not really a massive Soccer Fan (AFL & GAA:cool:) but I thought the OP wanted to discuss the probabalities of Match Fixin within the Eufa Cup/Champions league.

when ya consider the amounts of money being dealt with, Tickets & Merchandising & Gambling, it wouldnt shock me to finds that the whole thing is set up before the season starts, after all some of the Bildebergers must be sports fans too ;)

as a point of reference How long did the Italian match Fixin go on for before they got nabbed??

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 2,269 ✭✭✭cabrwab

The only people i heard complaining has being the taploid journo's of sky. Greatest news channel in the world with the greatest league in the world!
    The ref made a couple of bad decisions both ways. But it was balanced out with a BAD red car decision! At the end chelsea tried to go through one 1goal against barca if they took there chances it'd be different

Its funny , i predicted alot of decisions going against Chelsea in this game. But i didnt know it was going to be so bad.

Interestin how uefa have told the referee to keep quiet after the game, something to hide methinks. Just shows how much of a robbery it was when guardiola came out after the game and said chelsea were unlucky. Its in uefas interest not to see a all english final again so it really would not be that suprising if that rubbed off on the ref

• Closed Accounts Posts: 123 ✭✭conorlechance

funny, i predicted barca would have decisions against them in this match, yet I didn't think to the extent of sending off abidal for doing nothing. maby it was a match fix that got lost in translation.

Paddy power are refunding all bets made on chelsea to go through due to unforeseen referee reterdedness

• Registered Users Posts: 10,894 ✭✭✭✭phantom_lord

bonkey wrote: »
    Agent Smith infracted for the 'tool' comment.

Folks - the OP wants to discuss this seriously. Please respect that or don't post here.

lol

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

MUSEIST wrote: »
    Paddy power are refunding all bets made on chelsea to go through due to unforeseen referee reterdedness

yeah I got back €300 out of this, fair play to PP as I thought they would wait for the outcome of the investigation.

• Registered Users Posts: 635 ✭✭✭jonbravo

chelsea couldnt pass the ball for any amount of time,in game 1 or 2, yaya rules!! end of.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 495 ✭✭Clare_Guy

Platini is a lizard, well a frog. Some kind of reptile anyway. This is well known.

Frogs are amphibians...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,211 ✭✭✭Happy Monday

Madness!

Why send Abidal off if the conspiracy was at play?

Why not rig the equivalent match - Utd vs Barce 2nd leg - in 2008?

Why not rig the draw at the last 16 or last 8 stages to avoid 3 teams from England in the last 4 as has been the case for the last 3 years?

Chelsea's tactics involved playing this game of Russian roulette! ;)

Advertisement