Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Worse Social Drinking Things You Witnessed.

Options
  • 06-05-2009 8:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 621 ✭✭✭

Saw a bride and goom vomit along with the father of the bride outside a recpection in Tallaght about 10 years ago.

The father of the bride was so pissed he came right back in to the hall with puke all over his trouser and starting dancing and singing "Sweet Caroline" with his arms in the air.

What was most shocking was that most of the people at the wedding thought he was "great craic and a gas man altoghter". And he had no embrassement nor social reprecussions afterwards. Only in Ireland...

Your turn.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 158 ✭✭zero_nine

I think you raised the bar a bit high with the first one. I've seen my friends do crazy sh*t before. But I wasn't sober ;)

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,201 ✭✭✭KamiKazi

Oh FFS, go get a life, people can have too much of any drug making them act in ways they wouldn't sober.

I'm guessing you want loads of replies to this so you can get on your non-drinking high horse, well how about you fvck off?

KamiKazi wrote: »
    Oh FFS, go get a life, people can have too much of any drug making them act in ways they wouldn't sober.

I'm guessing you want loads of replies to this so you can get on your non-drinking high horse, well how about you fvck off?

I drink, I've been drunk, as early as last Sunday. I have no high horse. So wind your neck in, punk.

So what exactly is your point? That people can have too much and make idiots out of themselves? Go look at youtube videos or something if you want to laugh at people, instead of making pointless threads.

Non-drinkers are entitled to a horse? Was this in the budget?! :eek:

I haven't seen anything particularly bad before (although i must say, although i don't drink, i think a bride/groom/father of bride getting completely pissed and puking at their own wedding says more for the family than for drinkers. Not that I'm saying there's anything wrong with that family, but different people have different views on things like that. My brother and dad both drink. If that happened at my brothers wedding he'd be livid).

Honestly, just go out sober on a saturday night into the busiest part of whatever town you're in. Spend a half an hour just observing the place after 1 or so. That's why i don't drink.

• Advertisement

So what exactly is your point? That people can have too much and make idiots out of themselves? Go look at youtube videos or something if you want to laugh at people, instead of making pointless threads.

I didn't make this thread. But the person who did wanted to shed light on the darker side of drinking. It can't always be viewed in a permanent state of lush. Also, this is a discussion website. As in, discussion in itself is an end. There are no "pointless threads"

And in any case, nobody rattled your cage.

Honestly, just go out sober on a saturday night into the busiest part of whatever town you're in. Spend a half an hour just observing the place after 1 or so. That's why i don't drink.

I worked in bars and nightclubs for around four years so I've seen alot of shit happen that was caused by too much drink, does it mean that alcohol is Satans spawn? No, grow up, learn to handle your drink and know when to stop and you'll be fine.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 3,129 ✭✭✭Samson

Many, many years ago, a lad I know very well was downstairs in the what I think was called The Plough on Middle Abbey Street in Dublin. He had a met a lovely young lady who was just as pissed as he, sparks flew and the two of them were ensconced in an alcove eating the faces off each other.

After an indeterminate amount of time, the young "gentleman" started to feel a little unwell, so he broke off from the embrace, excused himself, turned around, picked up an empty pint glass and promptly filled it with vomit.
    After wiping his chin and blowing his nose, he did a quick swish of the mouth with his pint (of beer), turned back to the eager young "lady" and they continued where they had left off.

Classy.

I don't think they saw each other again. I'd imagine due to the young lady probably remembering the next day, when she was sober, what horrors had transpired the night before.

I worked in bars and nightclubs for around four years so I've seen alot of shit happen that was caused by too much drink, does it mean that alcohol is Satans spawn? No, grow up, learn to handle your drink and know when to stop and you'll be fine.

Can you quote the part of my post where I implied that drinking, drink, alcohol, breweries, pubs, nightclubs or any part of the process is bad, evil, or "Satans spawn", please?

Generally speaking, people can not handle their drink. It's much more common that people will go out to get completely obliterated with alcohol than go out for one or two drinks.

Now why don't you stop trolling a thread in a non-drinking forum and go to a different forum where you can start a thread called "i hate the non-drinkers of the world" and rant about how we're all asses and 'look down on drinkers'.

Or go over to the christian forum and tell them god isn't real. Tell the Pro-Wrestling posters that WWE is 'fake'. Tell the conspiracy theorists that they're paranoid. You'll have much more fun doing any of the above, trust me.

Tell the Pro-Wrestling posters that WWE is 'fake'. Tell the conspiracy theorists that they're paranoid. You'll have much more fun doing any of the above, trust me.

I happen to know that WWE is not fake.

• Advertisement

zero_nine wrote: »
    I happen to know that WWE is not fake.

Oh fvck off, you're clearly trolling now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,857 ✭✭✭✭Dave!

KamiKazi go away

I don't think there's any point in having this thread, so I shall lock it

Let's keep the forum about fun things to do without drink

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement