Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Which compilations are worth getting ?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 7:03pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭

Ye know all these retro compilations you can get now for the Playstations.... which are good ?

A few that spring to mind that I've seen around are :

51H7AHGQHXL._SL500_AA280_.jpg51WCB40NB3L._SL500_AA280_.jpg61Z33V813XL._SL500_AA280_.jpg

I have the 2 Sonic compilations which are great. Also got the Space Invaders one and the Atari anthology.

Any other ones any good ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭appleidog

None of the ones listed they suck, The games dont suck the emulation suck.

Well apart from Sega classics collection which is the crapest piece of crap in the world.
    but if you were going to pick one Capcom all thewayv :D:D

there is also
    Taito collection
    Metal slug collection
    Samurai showdown collection
    King of fighter collection
    Capcom vol.2
    Atari Anthology

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 50,813 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

By far and away the best compilations you can get are the Taito Legends 1 and 2. There's far too many fantastic games on them but for bubble bobble, bubble symphony, G Darius, Raystorm and a few other stone cold classics it would be worth the price alone for just one of them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Lol you guys are far more retro than me :(

• Registered Users Posts: 10,599 ✭✭✭✭ShawnRaven

None of them, get an emulator! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭CCCP^

appleidog wrote: »
    None of the ones listed they suck, The games dont suck the emulation suck.

Well apart from Sega classics collection which is the crapest piece of crap in the world.
    but if you were going to pick one Capcom all thewayv :D:D

there is also
    Taito collection
    Metal slug collection
    Samurai showdown collection
    King of fighter collection
    Capcom vol.2
    Atari Anthology

The Metal Slug Collection is brilliant. I have the 2nd Taito collection, the 1st Capcom collection, and 1945 I & II. Those games should be really cheap right now so try get your hands on them.

I've heard the Sega Classics Collection has a very decent version of Virtual Racing, and it should be cheap as chips right now.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,443 ✭✭✭Red Sleeping Beauty

Chips are quite expensive these days :p
    But yeah, Gamestop are flogging a load of 2nd hand Ps2 games. The catch is you've to root through a million and one copies of Fifa this and Fifa that!

CCCP^ wrote: »
    The Metal Slug Collection is brilliant. I have the 2nd Taito collection, the 1st Capcom collection, and 1945 I & II. Those games should be really cheap right now so try get your hands on them.

I've heard the Sega Classics Collection has a very decent version of Virtua l Racing, and it should be cheap as chips right now.

Correction Metal slug is good but the collection is very very sloppy.

Yet again the games on Capcom classics are fantastic though the emulation is not the best.

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 34,528 CMod ✭✭✭✭CiDeRmAn

As said already the Taito collections are fantastic value, the Capcom compilations for the PSP are pretty good, if hard to find, the Sega Classics collection is good, yes, but they have a lousy version of Outrun on there, it's essentially a repackage of a budget range of game reissues Sega did in Japan.
    The Midway collections are also good, although the 3rd one isn't the best, aside from Stun Runner the rest of that disk isn't great, SanFrancisco Rush hasn't aged well at all, although Race Drivin' is probably worth a go or two.
    The PSP Taito collection is going quite cheap with a nice selection of their games, not bad, also the PSP has a nice Gradius collection too.

Of course for the serious gamer, you really should get Sonic jam for the Saturn, and then a Saturn to play it on!

The only compilations done right and there are only 3 mind you, 1 being
    cheeky.
    SMallstars.jpg

j01.jpg

CapcomGeneration2.jpg

Advertisement