Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Tipp Thread

Options
  • 06-05-2009 6:55pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 196 ✭✭

Same as the North Tipp one but for the better people of the South. JOKE lol

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Sound..nothing to report at the moment though..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

North tipp would literally kick yer asses, we kick ye south:D

Nenagh is the most prosperous town in the county.:p

I know I'm acting about 12:D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

mysterious wrote: »

Prosperous is the most prosperous town in the country to be annoyingly pedantic.

Prosperous is the most prosperous town in the country to be annoyingly pedantic.

So are you a North Tipp man, South Tipp man, or an "OUTSYYYDER" (as said like Sarah Palin)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

Reunited Tipperary it was those damn English who separated us in the first place wasn't it?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,500 ✭✭✭ReacherCreature

North tipp would literally kick yer asses, we kick ye south:D

I know I'm acting about 12:D

Brilliant. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

North Tipp is full of farmers, and they're closer to the midlands so they're a load of boggers too, and they have dirty culchie accents. They say the word "town" with a hidden "gh" in the midddle. "Towghn", "the dog poughnd" "groughnd".

The closer you get to the midlands the more insane the people get. What do they have up there? Do they even have electricity other than the odd battery powered wireless?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

That's ridiculous, everyone knows Wexford is the most insane county in Ireland, it comes with the inbreeding! ;)

West Tipperary FTW!

Overblood wrote: »
    North Tipp is full of farmers, and they're closer to the midlands so they're a load of boggers too, and they have dirty culchie accents. They say the word "town" with a hidden "gh" in the midddle. "Towghn", "the dog poughnd" "groughnd".

The closer you get to the midlands the more insane the people get. What do they have up there? Do they even have electricity other than the odd battery powered wireless?

LMAO, south Tipp is poorer and has more farmers than north Tipp you gowl.

The North Tipp acent is milder than the south Tipp accent.

I guess you make up alot of nonsense as you go along. The midlands accent is more nuetral. The South Tipp accent is nearly as strong as the Cork Accent. And your definitions of how they prounonced words are also false. Stop bull****ting please. You would make South Tipp the place to bull**** from.

tuxy wrote: »
    Reunited Tipperary it was those damn English who separated us in the first place wasn't it?

its a big county. And cus of it been so long rather than wide, Nenagh to Clonmel is a fair distance. So the English setted up to administrative capitals in the county, so there wouldnt be a distance barrier isssue. There are other reasons too. but this is the main one. It seems to work fine. Tipperary is fairly big anyhow.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

tuxy wrote: »

Indeed, it was "the English" who created the county to begin with, too.

• Registered Users Posts: 386 ✭✭davylee

The North Tipp acent is milder than the south Tipp accent.

I guess you make up alot of nonsense as you go along. The midlands accent is more nuetral. The South Tipp accent is nearly as strong as the Cork Accent. And your definitions of how they prounonced words are also false. Stop bull****ting please. You would make South Tipp the place to bull**** from.
    Nearly as strong as the Cork accent???:eek: Utter bo***cks.
    I don't know if south tipp accents are stronger or not but that was a wrong comparison

• Registered Users Posts: 1,763 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

dirty culchie accent- ah sham lads! :D in the best roscrea accent! :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,383 ✭✭✭emeraldstar

Snort.

Advertisement