Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

where can i get a product tested/certification

Options
  • 06-05-2009 3:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

Hi there. I'm wondering can anyone here recommend where I can take a product I have produced myself ( lets say a cosmetic ) to be analised and given certification before I can legally sell. Also what is the price range for such a service. I have tried a couple of microbiological centres ( don't know if these are the correct companies to contact ) but they are like a secret society or something, can't get through. Thanks. I'm located in the Cork area.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,302 ✭✭✭sunnyjim

Hey.

I don't know what sort of certification you mean. It's not a microbiology lab you'll need anyway. You mean safe for use on humans - That would require trials, which might mean a few hundred people to test it on, a fair bit of lab analysis. It's a massive area getting a product through all this - and it's to cover your arse, incase you shart burning the face off people.

There are 2 cosmetic labs in Ireland, and they do all their own stuff in-house. Unless you happen to know someone working in them, I'm not sure how far you'd get unless you manage to sell the idea on to them. Even at that, you need to worry about intellectual copyright, non-disclosure agreements etc. (You should ask in the Legal Forum about this).

Want to PM me a hint as to what you're doing? A girl who graduated from my course works designing different cosmetics and such in a lab in Dublin.

Advertisement