Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

New puppy!!

Options
  • 06-05-2009 2:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 25

Hello all.

I will bring my 8 weeks new labrador puppy home.
    But I have another 4 years old dog in my home already.
    I dont know if i need seperate them all just let them play together, because my new puppy has no injection at this moment.

by the way, i want to bring the new puppy to Bluecross mobile clinic on friday before i bring it home to get injection,is that ok? any suggestions?
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 228 ✭✭kazza90210

You can let the two dogs be together, but it is advisable to keep them both in until the pup has had all the injections, so that the older dog doesnt bring anything home.

8 weeks is a good age for the first vacc, so bring it to the vets when you collect it. But please only use the Blue Cross if you really need discount veterinary fees, as its only suppose to be for people that receive welfare.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

The Bluecross is only for people who are really stuck/on welfare etc. Why would you get another puppy if you can't afford the vaccinations, not trying to offend but if you already have a dog already and can't afford to vaccinate the new puppy why get that new puppy as it will only cost you more in the long run? In no way saying anyone on limited income shouldn't have a pet but since you have one already it could be putting pressure on you financially.

If you are getting the puppy from a rescue then the pup should have all the vaccinations before it goes even if it means waiting another couple of weeks. If from a breeder then the puppy definetly should be fully vaxd etc. before you buy him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 50 ✭✭Cinnomen

I have always let my puppies play with my other dogs once I have brought them home, If your other dog has had its vaccinations then I dont really see why this should be a problem :)
    In the mean time whilst you are awaiting the puppies vaccination carry her to places with you, Dont put her on the ground where she can sniff and pick up infection, If you go out try to come in and take your shoes off right away and put them away from the puppy this will help to stop any infection being brought into the house!
    Good luck and so great you have a new addition to the family :)

Advertisement