Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ESB line - Where does it come in?

Options
  • 06-05-2009 12:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭

I am in an estate and I want to dig up my front drive way. Basically the incline is too much so we are reducing it and adding in steps.

So the problem we think is where does the ESB line come into the house? IE while we are digging will we hit an ESB line.

The ESB could be going from house to house directly, or it could be running along the path and a line comes in thru the front drive.

Either way I will need to know. Who can I ring?

Thanks, Sniipe
    Tagged:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,230 ✭✭✭Solair

You can reach ESB at 1850 ESB ESB (1850 372 372)

This document might also be of use:

http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/downloads/safe_digging.pdf

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Contact details for the mapping dept:
    http://www.esb.ie/esbnetworks/safety_environment/safe_digging.jsp

Its esb networks you are dealing with: tel 1850 372 999, but the above link has office numbers for the guys who record the maps.

Its hard to know exactly but generally straight up the drive to the side where the meter cabinet is. You just need to take care with it.

How old is your house? Do you have an outside meter cabinet? If you do, the cable should be in a red duct all the way back to the mini pillar. If not, the cable could be just laid in the ground, may or may not be in sand. May be a plastic grey cable, or maybe a steel armored cable. May point is to hand dig, you will pay the price so no supply, and a charge to repair the damage of €540.00 excluding vat.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I'll give both a ring in a while. The house is 30 years old I guess, I recently bought it. Its an outside meter cabinet. I actually have the path under the cabinet dug up already. I will investigate further where the cable is. It may be going out under the front of the house (as opposed to the side of the house) cause it used to be near the front of the house until the extension went in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Sniipe

I sent an email to centralsiterequests_at_esb_dot_ie and they got it and will be sending me out a map in the post. I just supplied them with my name, address and a googlemaps location of where I am (just for clarity).

They can't reply by email because maps can be altered, so I've to wait 3 days. Happy out tho. Good service.

• Registered Users Posts: 26 romunn

You might have this info from the previous 2 links but here ya go anyway.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 19,340 CMod ✭✭✭✭Davy

Sniipe wrote: »
    I'll give both a ring in a while. The house is 30 years old I guess, I recently bought it. Its an outside meter cabinet. I actually have the path under the cabinet dug up already. I will investigate further where the cable is. It may be going out under the front of the house (as opposed to the side of the house) cause it used to be near the front of the house until the extension went in.

It should be heading for the mini pilliar somewhere outside the front. Metal/plastic box 2feet high or so. Remember when the map does arrive that its not gospel could vary a bit.

Advertisement