Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The North Tipp thread.

Options
  • 06-05-2009 4:35am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭

Thought I'd be the first to create this thread.

Tipp is a bit all mashed up with the division, so I thought we should highlight North Tipp!

Anything happening down here of late.
    Who is here from N.Tipp. and do you still live there and if so why.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭enfeild

Lead from the front then and tell us all the things you want us to tell you starting with your reasons for living here etc.
    Regards.
    Tom in Tipp

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,133 ✭✭✭mysterious

Well I dont live in Tipp now.

But on my mom sides we ruled the north county for the best part of 700 years. Then the 1700s we bummed out:D

Now I live in Dub as a student and arseing about.

I wil be surely moving close to home when I settle down if I could. If not I will retire there. I like North Tipp, cus its like a hidden jem amongst the other counties in the South of Ireland. It has the great lough derg and Shannon. Beautiful arra and slivermine mountains. Keeper hill and Devils bit. N. Tipp has rich history. Nenagha, Roscrea and Thurless are fine touws to be proud of. Roscrea one of the oldest proper towns in the world 2000 yeaars old.

You also habe irelands mother road passing through it the N7

Then iys home the hurling so I just love the place.:)

• Registered Users Posts: 4,257 ✭✭✭SoupyNorman

MAXIMUS - w000000t

MAXIMUS - w000000t

LMAO.....:D

Nuff said.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,983 ✭✭✭✭tuxy

MAXIMUS - w000000t

Clearly Hayes is far better :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

;)

• Advertisement

tuxy wrote: »
    Clearly Hayes is far better :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

;)

Nenagh has the best nightlife clearly.

I had nenagh drawn with smiley faces ,but boards restricted my freedom of speech again. gee. You CAN ONLY USE 92 SMILEY FACES APPARENTLY. tHIS WAS PASSED BY A TREATY. It doesn't matter if you vote nor or yes. We live under Nazis rule. Just goes through.

Ok Now I'm going to bed.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Queen-Mise

i was born and reared in north tipp but very close to south tipp border. Their roads are better.

But we have semple stadium and holy cross abbey.

Me thinks we win.:):-)

Queen-Mise wrote: »
    i was born and reared in north tipp but very close to south tipp border. Their roads are better.

But we have semple stadium and holy cross abbey.

Me thinks we win.:):-)

We Have a lake too! And UL, at most 45mins from any part of Tipp.

Also an hour from Shannon Airport mu ha ha ha ha ha.

We are just more centred, south Tippers don't be jealous now. God thinks we are special:D

• Registered Users Posts: 1,764 ✭✭✭Ah-Watch

MAXIMUS - w000000t

Haha, I laughed and the part where a previous poster said Roscrea is beautiful:D

• Registered Users Posts: 5,132 ✭✭✭Sigma Force

Great thing about North Tipp is it's so near so many other counties so you can get out of here as much as possible.

"Haha, I laughed and the part where a previous poster said Roscrea is beautiful"

lmao

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Great thing about North Tipp is it's so near so many other counties so you can get out of here as much as possible.

This is very very true.

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    Haha, I laughed and the part where a previous poster said Roscrea is beautiful:D

It is, but you probably look at pubs and pint glasses in your stay there:rolleyes::rolleyes:

I actually didnt say it was beautiful, so maybe you have a problem with your eyesight aswell. Roscrea has one of the richest heritage of any town in Ireland. It has a castle in the centre of the town, and river flowing through aswell. It has a roundtower. It has many old buildings. Fantastic monastery too.

I'm not saying everything is going for the town, but its defanetely a hidden gem

ok maybe it is and i just don't see it being a hidden gem living in the town for so many years, yes the heritage side is nice but that doesn't appeal to me that much. Each town has their own heritage. I'm not looking for an arguement, its just my opinion

We should be proud of our towns. Nenagh and Rocrea are nearly as old as the main cities in the country. Roscrea been one of the oldest settlements in the country.

I believe Roscrea will boom once the motorway opens. It will be only 1hour and 20 mins from Dublin.

maybe that wouldnt be bad. it might brighten up the town and bring more to the place

• Registered Users Posts: 163 ✭✭xxmarymoxx

I live in Roscrea and am proud to say so.Nightlife is crap but the town itself is grand

xxmarymoxx wrote: »
    I live in Roscrea and am proud to say so.Nightlife is crap but the town itself is grand
    I'm from Ros too, agree that nightlife is crap, love the stand but other than that its crap, but theres not a lot for young people to do. Its a nice town but boring for young'uns.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

Lets nobody forget Terryglass!! Twice winners of the tidy towns ya know!! And our very own arts festival to boot :rolleyes:

And i second the maximus wOOOOOt!!!:D

lol maximus:D:D:D

its famous for been a dump which is why its funny

• Registered Users Posts: 2,455 ✭✭✭ibFoxer

mysterious wrote: »
    lol maximus:D:D:D

its famous for been a dump which is why its funny

Tis....... but its our dump...... :D;)

Id avoid goin in sober though......:(

• Advertisement

foxerv1 wrote: »
    Tis....... but its our dump...... :D;)

Id avoid goin in sober though......:(

lmaooooooo...

Dump isn't even the word for it... If there ever was a fire in that building, well....

I'll leave it as that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Noli

Ah-Watch wrote: »
    I'm from Ros too, agree that nightlife is crap, love the stand but other than that its crap, but theres not a lot for young people to do. Its a nice town but boring for young'uns.

I hate waiting in the stand to order drinks,the nightlife isnt helped by the face some of the lads think there in fight club

Noli wrote: »
    I hate waiting in the stand to order drinks,the nightlife isnt helped by the face some of the lads think there in fight club

Have to agree it does take ages but I don't really mind most of the time cos there's always someone to talk to. They should have more staff but I suppose the bar isn't big enough either?

Nothing wrong with a location or place.....

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭Peter B

MAXIMUS - w000000t

I miss Easy Street :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,111 ✭✭✭Jesus Juice

I got in to Maximus.

AND I'm 16!What a shithole lol

BORRISOKANE FTW!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,772 ✭✭✭toomevara

Peter B wrote: »
    I miss Easy Street :(

I miss Henry Afrika's....ho, ho now there was a straight up and down cess pool...fantastically awful.....

Advertisement