Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Credit Cards

Options
  • 06-05-2009 12:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 7,065 ✭✭✭

I've never had a CC before but i'm hitting NYC in July and sort of need one for that. I know how CCs work but what should i need to know about them?

Can i put money in the CC account and just use it like a laser card?

What sort of fees do i get hit with for using a CC?

Thanks
    Tagged:

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators Posts: 24,924 Mod ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

I've never had a CC before but i'm hitting NYC in July and sort of need one for that. I know how CCs work but what should i need to know about them?

Well that's just a little wide of a question to answer. Specific questions will get you better answers ;)
    Can i put money in the CC account and just use it like a laser card?

You can, but you may still get charged if you withdraw at ATM's and in the case of fraudulent usage any money you put on the card may not be covered by the card issuer.
    What sort of fees do i get hit with for using a CC?

It can vary depending on provider to provider. Check out the website of the card you are considering applying for to see a breakdown. You'll normally get hit with a currency conversion charge built into any payments you made, and ATM usage may get you hit with a charge for withdrawing cash.

Advertisement