Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Seeing the spirit leave the body at death

Options
  • 05-05-2009 11:27pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭

I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this? Just moments before my Dad passed away, the area around his chest lit up as if a light where coming through a stained glass window but we were in a room with curtains pulled and it was raining outside.The " glow" seemed to travel up his chest and up to his face and then above his head where the wall behind his bed then lit up, just then the nurse said he was gone. There was absolutely no explanation for the light and would like to know if anyone else has ever seen this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 326 ✭✭Paulj

My dad said he saw something similar when his mother died a number of years ago. Sorry to hear about your dad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 56 ✭✭Aysha

Thank you but it was a number of years ago but every time i think of it, it was incredible.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 994 ✭✭✭kshiel

Aysha wrote: »
    I wonder if anyone else has ever experienced this? Just moments before my Dad passed away, the area around his chest lit up as if a light where coming through a stained glass window but we were in a room with curtains pulled and it was raining outside.The " glow" seemed to travel up his chest and up to his face and then above his head where the wall behind his bed then lit up, just then the nurse said he was gone. There was absolutely no explanation for the light and would like to know if anyone else has ever seen this?

Did everyone in the room see this??

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Did the nurse see it?

No not everyone saw it, there was about ten people in the room around the bed yet only three people saw it, myself and two of my sisters which amazes me because it was so clear to see.
    No, I dont think the nurse saw it but i cant be sure.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

It might be because you were so close to your dad that you saw it. The nurse wouldn't be, so wouldn't have noticed anything.

That's what I think about it anyway...

It might be because you were so close to your dad that you saw it. The nurse wouldn't be, so wouldn't have noticed anything.

That's what I think about it anyway...
    True but whats interesting is another two sisters didnt see anything, anyway I suppose you could analize this for an age but would love to know if it happens to others as this was the only time I have ever been with someone when they passed.

Yeah, I remember seeing a thread on this in the atheist and agnostic forum a year or so ago, someone the same as yourself wanted openminded opinions on what it could have been. You're likely to get more rational opinions over there than here if that's what you're looking for.

I'll see if I can find it.

• Advertisement

No problem.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6 Veryworried

Scientific explanations aside, there is lore in which is very much sounds like an Aura'tic dissimulation of the soul body.

Due to your physical and emotional alliance and familiarity with your father (and I also notice here that it was primarily females that witnessed it, of course not excluding men but tradition hosts that the female form is usually far more naturally intuitive on such matters) the bonds of union and the emotionally/ spiritually dramatic event may of being enough for you both to witness his souls passage into the next phase of being.

I would see it as a blessing for a positive departure as well as a sign of a loving goodbye x

Scientific explanations aside, there is lore in which is very much sounds like an Aura'tic dissimulation of the soul body.

Due to your physical and emotional alliance and familiarity with your father (and I also notice here that it was primarily females that witnessed it, of course not excluding men but tradition hosts that the female form is usually far more naturally intuitive on such matters) the bonds of union and the emotionally/ spiritually dramatic event may of being enough for you both to witness his souls passage into the next phase of being.

I would see it as a blessing for a positive departure as well as a sign of a loving goodbye x
    Many thanks for your opinion, I have always had a huge interest in all things " unusual", yet never heard of Aura'tic dissimulation, I will look forward to finding info on this . Also you pointed out that this is a more common experience in females, amazingly my husband stood directly behind me and saw absolutely nothing.

Advertisement