Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

TV for camper

Options
  • 05-05-2009 9:59pm
    Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭

Where is the best place to buy a tv for a camper, i need to be able to connect to dish from Lidl. My present tv is not suitable.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 197 ✭✭zoltar_boi

Hi Bessa,

Why is your TV not suitable. AFAIK - you only need a SCART socket on the TV. Any model TV will do - if you have 240 voltage available - or do you want a 12V model only?

• Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭Bessa

Hi our present set is dual voltage, but it does not have a Scart connection port, but has a VGA port. Is it possible to get a Scart to VGA lead.

Hi Bessa,

I not an expert, but I just Googled "Scart to VGA" and there appears to be a solution out there. Amazon and Maplins sell cables for converting Scart to VGA sockets, so might be your answer and a lot less than a new TV!:cool:

But be warned - there are limitations - check out the comments on the Amazon site < here >

M

Thanks the revues are not very encouraging. Any ideas on a new tv.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,028 ✭✭✭greglo23

Theres a 19" flat screen for sale in Aldi on Sunday which appears to have an AC/DC adapter with Scart and HDMI for 229.99.
    http://ireland.aldi.com/ie/html/offers/2867_8958.htm

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

Power city have a range of flat screen TV's from around €89, I also bought one of the Lidl satellite receivers.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,086 ✭✭✭stapeler

My TV came from Currys. It's a 15" LCD, 12volt with 230V transformer. It's got Scart, RGA and RF inputs. It cost around €130ish. There's lot's to choose from out there these days.
    Your existing TV sounds more like a PC monitor, Does it have an RF input? Some of the Sat boxs will allow you connect via RF as opposed to scart.

• Registered Users Posts: 905 ✭✭✭m8

boyoh wrote: »
    Power city have a range of flat screen TV's from around €89, I also bought one of the Lidl satellite receivers.;)

Hiya boyoh, do you have a link to the Flat Screen TV for €89?

Hi had a look in Currys in Galway today nothing in dual voltage tvs. Came across a 15 inch in the midlands its called a Walker for 229 euro. Anyone know what they are like, its got the Scart port.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭KoNiT

relative thread 15" tv with dvd in amazon

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055494631

19" from Aldi looks good, dvd player & all that... might be a bit big in a camper though?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,549 ✭✭✭*Kol*

KoNiT wrote: »
    relative thread 15" tv with dvd in amazon

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2055494631

19" from Aldi looks good, dvd player & all that... might be a bit big in a camper though?

I was thinking the same. It is hard to go to a 15" TV when most people these days are used to watching 32" +. If you have room a 19" would be nice to have.

[QUOTE=boyoh;6012466, I also bought one of the Lidl satellite receivers.;)[/QUOTE]

Did you get a chance to try out the Lidl unit yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 149 ✭✭boyoh

m8 wrote: »
    Hiya boyoh, do you have a link to the Flat Screen TV for €89?

www.powercity.ie saw a range of stuff last night.The combined TV and DVD in Aldi is €199 in power city.hope that's some help.:D
    Yeah, very good

Hi Boyoh,

The satellite is working well with the new TV. I have read about people throwing the dish etc. in a skip, well our one works very well sitting in a skip on the top of a garden grape.

Congrats Bessa.

Hopefully the weather doesn't mean you have loads of reasons to be sitting in front of though!;)

Advertisement