Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

the pots holding the trees in tipp town

Options
  • 05-05-2009 9:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭

they are huge who came up with this brainwave, they are taking up most of the street, one has to walk around them, astecitly beautiful, i have my doubts

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 675 ✭✭✭DT100

They are huge and taking up most of the street,and one has to walk round them?...sounds like Patricks day all over again.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 9,425 ✭✭✭FearDark

Well the rumour I heard was that they cost 60,000... yep. Theyre hideous, too big and whoever thought of putting stick thin trees in them is having a laugh. I counted 7 broken trees already, just madness, absolute waste of money, theyd have been better off putting the money into resurfacing the main street which is in ****.

Dont get me wrong, Im all for improving the image of the town, do it with flower baskets high up where the scum cant get to them, paint some of the vacant buildings on main st, by all means have trees on the main st but have them encased in a steel frame until they are old enough to survive the scum of the town who will break trees for a laugh.

Who makes these decisions?!?!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,093 ✭✭✭Amtmann

Take a picture, post it here, and show us all what ye're talking about.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

Furet wrote: »
    Take a picture, post it here, and show us all what ye're talking about.
    Yeah,Im dying to see what they look like aswell..

dsc00017r.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,057 ✭✭✭tippspur

In the middle of a disabled parking bay ????

tippspur wrote: »
    In the middle of a disabled parking bay ????
    Sure why not? Theyre just as bad on the Main St. Taking over 2/3 of the path and in some cases sticking out onto the road. Madness.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,673 ✭✭✭mahamageehad

Yup they're fair nuts!!! I've seen people in wheelchairs and people with buggies struggling to get around them on main street.

On a related topic- the trees in them didn't last long did they?? *feigns surprise

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Magnum

They are in ridiculous places in the Town, what a complete and utter waste of money......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,658 ✭✭✭old boy

whats the betting some one got paid good money to come up with that redicilous idea, i saw some old guy getting a skinned kneecap today, he bumped into one trying to avoid a group of teenagers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,016 ✭✭✭Blush_01

They're bloody ridiculous. So completely pointless and ugly.

Sponsored by Gleeson Concrete by any chance? That's the only reason I can think of for dotting huge lumps of solid concrete around town.

Advertisement