Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portlaoise Allotments????

Options
  • 05-05-2009 9:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭

I seen it advertised in the parish news letter this week that KWS is to set the old equestrian centre on the timahoe road into allotments. Oviously they must have their development plan put on hold.
    I think myself this could be a massive sucess for them, the land is really good there remember when they put the centre in a massive amount of drainage work was carried out and reckon all that horse manure didn't do any harm either:D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,362 ✭✭✭jack of all

That's good news, I'd be very interested in that. I had planned to pester any of the local councillors about provision of allotments, when they canvassed my house.

I drove past the "allotments" yesterday (well the sign anyway). Ground looks crap to be honest and bearing in mind it ain't called "Well Road" for nothing! They don't seem to have done anything with it other than turn the soil. They'd have to do a bit more with the field if they want to entice people I think.

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭fona

This the equestrian centre out on the Timahoe Road just past Homebase et al?

Yes.

Advertisement