If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Some advice please if you can spare the time

Options
  • 05-05-2009 8:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

I am looking for a 1TB (or greater) hard drive.
    I then wish to be able to play the files through my tv.

I need to be able to hook up the iPod or iPhone to it in order to update
    / sync or whatever you call it these days.

I am looking for it to have a remote control,
    and if it could even be accessed wirelessly - that'd be good too!!

There are one or two products that allow two USB connections to a player,
    but
    I am struggling to confirm about, say, file formats for example??!!

Do I need to get a hard drive AND a player separately???
    Any advice would be greatly recieved and appreciated,I'm posting this
    for a friend of mine who seemed to think I might know or be able to find out.

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: John

Benny,

Thanks for the post & apologies for the delay in getting back to you.

Not really our area I'm afraid - I would try Komplett who also have a forum here, perhaps thay can assist you!

Apologies I cannot be of more assistance but drop me a line if I can help in any way again,

ATB,

John Mc

John McDonald / Managing Director / Richer Sounds Ireland / www.richersounds.ie / johnmc@richersounds.ie

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19 bluerhino76

What you're looking for here is something called a home media receiver (or similar). One example of this is the Popcorn Hour - search on cnet.co.uk and a fairly informative review will come up. I have one myself, without a hard drive as it pulls media off my home network, but you can install a hard drive into it to store media, or just plug in a usb stick with media on it which it will play too. It works with almost every format out there, and the firmware is updateable via the internet (it has an ethernet port) to allow wider format support as time goes on.

Hope that helps!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭bennyblanco

Johnmc no problem thanks for the pointer:)
    Bluerhino76 that sounds like the very thing,I'll pass it on and thank you for getting back to me:)

This discussion has been closed.