Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

People are slowly driving me mad.

Options
  • 05-05-2009 7:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 41

I'm in need of a rant.
    Whats going on with the world. Today for the 5th time in a row, yes 5th in a 3 week period! someone has called me about my car that I'm selling, telling me they're interested and would like to come and see it. So I give them my address (nowhere scary) and arrange a time for them to turn up and then thats the end of it. No Shows and no calls to cancel. 5 of them??. To top it all I'm 90% sure that the guy that rang today was the same guy who didn't turn up last week (private numbers so cant be sure)

I'm also selling a bike trailer. I've had 3 texts enquiring after it. The last one I just got has pushed me over the edge. No introduction no niceties just
    "what make is ur trailer".
    this is how it goes from past experience they'll keep texting me questions, which I then text answers to, until I just ring them back "to speak with them" is this an alien concept?(It seems to freak them out). I'm in my mid thirties so don't think I'm a cranky old man. But when did it become okay to try and buy stuff via text? And why are people out there slowly driving me nuts arranging to meet me to look at my car then not showing up.

LOL I know I'm doing a Victor Meldrew but I can't help myself.:eek:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,996 ✭✭✭✭Neil3030

Maybe this story will cheer you up.

I was selling a guitar once and had a guy call out to the house to have a look at it. He jammed around on it for a while, seemed a very talented jazz-style player, so I was certain he was legit. We negotiated and agreed on a price and I figured I had a done deal. However, he told me he had no cash on him and would need to go to an ATM. I directed him to the nearest one and he suggested that maybe I should go with him to be on the safe side, in case he didn't find it. For safety reasons I figured it best if I declined (I obviously made up some other excuse) and off he went. Sure enough, that was the last I saw of him...

Was he planning on kidnapping me?
    Kicking me out of the car on a motorway and stealing the guitar?

...worse??

• Closed Accounts Posts: 41 townale

Neil3030 wrote: »

...worse??

LOL probably worse.

The guy turned up last night 2 hours late then told me it was a pity its green he'd have bought it otherwise, it's just that the wife is superstitious about green cars. :D:D Nutter! all the photos showed a green car and so did the decription.

I'm so glad I don't work in sales:)

Advertisement