Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Scariest Supernatural Story Ever?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 7:16pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,750 ✭✭✭

What is the scariest supernatural story you've ever heard? Preferably true, because it's what's true that tends to be the most frightening, but if you're not sure whether it's true or not post it anyway provided it's a good read.

I can't think of anything off the top of my head but when I remember something I'll post it up.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

Dunno so much about scary but one of the coolest stories I ever heard was about a little boy who kept going on about his new friend, his mother asked where he'd met the lad and the son said "he comes round here and plays in the garden with me". So the mother keeps an eye out for this other kid, and never sees him, but the son keeps talking about his friend. The mother tells him to shout for her next time the lad comes around - so one day son shouts to his mam and she comes outside, there's no other child in sight, her son is sitting on a low wall, and there are two shadows being cast on the ground ...

:eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 53 ✭✭jick the rapper

I think the majority of stories people hear and will relay here will be fictitious, whether they know it or not!

I also think that the true stories which will be posted won’t be particularly terrifying, just unusual or out of the norm!

Such is the nature of most things “paranormal”!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,433 ✭✭✭MrMojoRisin

I dunno about this bein the scariest supernatural story ever but my father has sworn this is the truth all his life.

When he was 9, himself and his mother (my nan) were walkin up the lane to their house one day after visiting his uncle in hospital. The uncle was in poor health at the time. As my father and my nan were heading up the laneway, my father saw his own nan (my great-grandmother) sitting on a rock ledge by the gate and looking straight at him. Now she had actually died of cancer a few months before this.
    My father said he looked at his own mam to see if she noticed anything and he knew she could see his nan as well because her face was frozen with shock. All of this was on a bright afternoon and my father and grandmother didn't have eyesight problems then. My father said to his mam 'Look, nana is there' and she pretended she hadn't seen anything and told him to shut up. As the two of them continued up the lane my father said that his nan seemed to disappear into thin air.

A few days later my father's uncle died in hospital. That was it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭Lobelia Overhill

I'd a friend when I was a teenager who was a great one for telling ghost stories, most of them were probably her fertile imagination, but I remember this one she told where a group of her family were all staying overnight in one of the grandparents' house. There was a portrait in the living room of some severe looking fella who was a great-great however many times Grandfather of theirs, they all thought it was horrible and spent some time criticising the painting. The kids all slept on the floor of the room where this painting was. During the night they heard this loud bang. No one dared get up to see what had happened. In the daylight they ventured to look and found the painting laying on the floor on the opposite side of the room from the wall it was hung on :eek:

Advertisement