Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Supersports or Superbikes for taller riders?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 5:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭

Hey guys,

I'm currently on a Varadero 125, and find it perfect for my height (around 6-2 or 6-3). I'm looking at going for a Supersports or Superbike later in the year, and was wondering if there are any taller riders out there who have any suggestions, recommendations, or any bikes to steer clear of.

The bikes I had in mind were...

Suzuki GSX-R600 or 750
    Ducati 749
    Kawasaki ZX-7R Ninja

The seat heights of all those bikes are apparently higher than the Varadero, but I'm looking for views on overall comfort. Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,334 ✭✭✭bladespin

Sports tourer might be a more comfortable option, Hayabusa, ZZR, FJR etc as sports bikes are getting smaller every year, might be a bit cramped for a taller rider.

Of your list I'd ay the ZX would be most comfortable, the Duke would be fairly tall too.

Some jump from a Varadero 125 :confused:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

I've always wanted a decent sports bike. Tried a Fireblade for a couple of weeks and it was too cramped.

I got a new sports tourer recently (ZZR1400), the only sporty bike I can drive comfortably.

I'm 6ft4 and 106k's by the way. I have to agree with the other poster, going from a Varadero 125 is a huuuuuuuuuuuge jump.

Try something with less power for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Thanks lads.

It's probably a fair bit off financially to be honest, and there may well be something else in between, I've just been looking at those particular bikes on the roads recently. Might go for a mid-engine sports tourer in the meantime.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 15,858 ✭✭✭✭paddy147

Im 6 feet 1.5 inches tall and have long legs,

This is me on my 996 and its actually comfy (for a small sized superbike) and also one hell of a great bike to have fun on.
    100_0721f.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

KTRIC wrote: »
    I've always wanted a decent sports bike. Tried a Fireblade for a couple of weeks and it was too cramped.

I got a new sports tourer recently (ZZR1400), the only sporty bike I can drive comfortably.

I'm 6ft4 and 106k's by the way. I have to agree with the other poster, going from a Varadero 125 is a huuuuuuuuuuuge jump.

Try something with less power for a while.
    Jaysus ya tubby *cough*I mean. Gissa go of your bike.

• Advertisement
Advertisement