Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chances of a good Summer in Ireland ?

Options
  • 05-05-2009 4:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,577 ✭✭✭

Recently I have heard people say this year is going to be a scorcher for Ireland! I know there is always a possibility that we will have a good summer but is there any basis for hope this year!

Are there any indicators of a good summer ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Well its sunny outside right now and quite warm.

We had harshish winter by recent standards and I want it to be warm :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,579 ✭✭✭jimi_t

It'll be scorching right up until the last exam of the leaving cert and then it will start snowing until August, where we will blessed with

''...will be warm and cloudy, with scattered showers across the country''

• Registered Users Posts: 300 ✭✭TheGreenGiant

Well reading a recent article in the paper, we are in for a decent summer this year. Meteorologists from America and Europe concluded that the recent spell of bad summers was due to very mild winters we got in the past 3 years along with the Pacific Ocean been much cooler than normal. This year seen a rise in the ocean temperature of the Pacific, both America, Canada and Europe got a harsh Winter and March and April has been significantly wetter than previous years.

So I REALLY hope that the summer of 2009 will be one to remember in terms of great sunny weather, but as an added bonus, I would love to get a nice thunderstorm into the mix:P:D

Advertisement