Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ken Barlow- Couldnt leave Deird-reee in the end!

Options
  • 05-05-2009 2:40pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,185 ✭✭✭

Did anyone watch Corrie last night- looks like the end of Ken's notions of running off with Lady Crumpet.

My boyfriend (who claims to hate corrie) was going mad- almost screaming at him to stay on the barge, but I think he was right to stay with Deirdre, thay have a lot together, she is a good person, they have family, friends, a life. I think it was all a bit too fantasy like with yer one on the boat- but will he now spend the rest of his days searching the canals of Britain?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 467 ✭✭Tupins

I had the feeling for the whole episode that he wouldn't leave. It was actually quite sad when he was saying goodbye to everyone. When he took the beermat from the Rovers though I knew he'd have second thoughts!

Now the race is on to see who gets to the note first!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

If I was Ken I would've been gone with Stephanie Beecham so fast it'd make your head spin. She's an absolute GILF, I'm only 23 but I'd definitely have a go off her, as for Deirdre, ugh!

You mean the oversized glasses, leathery skin, manly voice, veiny neck and all those belted outfits don't do it for you????:eek:

What kind of red blooded young man are you? :D

• Registered Users Posts: 752 ✭✭✭havana

What a coward though. Running out on two women in one day without a word to either of them. Doubt he'll manage to get home with his suitcase without being caught!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Dave147 wrote: »
    If I was Ken I would've been gone with Stephanie Beecham so fast it'd make your head spin. She's an absolute GILF, I'm only 23 but I'd definitely have a go off her, as for Deirdre, ugh!

Maybe she wasn't as "dirty" as Deidre :D:D after all, she had Dev & Mike Baldwin after her so she must have something going for her that us viewers don't know about ;)

• Advertisement

keefg wrote: »
    Maybe she wasn't as "dirty" as Deidre :D:D after all, she had Dev & Mike Baldwin after her so she must have something going for her that us viewers don't know about ;)

Eeeww! :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,062 ✭✭✭dlambirl

Continues tonight!!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,187 ✭✭✭keefg

Tupins wrote: »
    Eeeww! :o

LOL! :D:D:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17 LemonLyman

keefg wrote: »

You have just dredged up something that my decent subconscious had buried to spare me contemplating it. Dev and Deirdre. Thank you soooooooooo much.

And on a kinda related note, if Ken doesn't get an award for his utterly convincing performance in these episodes, then there is no justice. An entire life of a character convincingly distilled into a few conversations. Dammit, I was moved.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,032 ✭✭✭✭tk123

I think they changed the storyline when Ken's wife died in real life? Pukers last night when Deirdre asked him to come and scrub her back in the bath!:eek:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 8,004 ✭✭✭Ann22

I think when Martha started rambling on about him meeting all her friends he had second thoughts. Deirdre was right though, he just hadn't the bottle to see it through. I wonder what ages they're meant to be playing. Ms Beecham's 62 in real life, she looks great for that. He's 77. If he's playing his actual age it'd be a mad age to be going gallavanting round the country in a boat. Speaking of the boat..I kept expecting Rosie and Jim to pop up:).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭enniscorthy

how could they get rid of him hes a legend wonderful fantastic oh hey dont get me started on gail lol talk about "ET" hahahaha

Advertisement