Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Andrew Black

Options
  • 05-05-2009 2:36am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 36

On full tilt now, two tabling 6 max 400 cap PLO, just raising and reraising preflop evry hand with air and if its not all in doing so on flop. Is he drunk, is that his game, or can he just not play omaha?? Very strange!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,003 ✭✭✭Treehouse72

I don't know the guy, but from TV he seems like a freak and very weird dude.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,268 ✭✭✭mountainyman

He's won a couple of hundred grand on Omaha in the past few years.

options:
    1 Drunk possible but think he doesn't drink
    2 Cultivating a wild image ? cheaply ?
    3 Is this something that will be publicised? The high vis players are adopting strange strategies to make themselves look different from the way they really are.
    The Aussie millions is o TV almost every day and he is as tight as Moses MacTavish of Cavan Town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,124 ✭✭✭NickyOD

I literally fell out of my chair laughing at that one.

NickyOD wrote: »
    I literally fell out of my chair laughing at that one.

QFT.

Only met him twice and both times he was three sheets to the wind. Absolutely mangled drunk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭YULETIRED

I totally misunderstood what Buddism was, so it is the worship of Budwieser ah now I see, damn I'm so slow , that joke went completely over my head, well played Andy, more of a guinness or Hino (ladyboy drink) man myself .

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

heard he cant even spell PLO

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

He's won a couple of hundred grand on Omaha in the past few years.

options:
    2 Cultivating a wild image ? cheaply ?
    3 Is this something that will be publicised? The high vis players are adopting strange strategies to make themselves look different from the way they really are.
    The Aussie millions is o TV almost every day and he is as tight as Moses MacTavish of Cavan Town.

Every word in this post is wrong

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

smoothcall wrote: »
    Every word in this post is wrong

And every word in your post is correct.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,125 ✭✭✭lee_arama

Ah I've tangled with Andy a few times over the years and the man is usually rock solid. If he's being super aggressive it's to take advantage of this image.

Lovely man, and I'd gladly have him on any table with me since it means I can at least know who to avoid in a pot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,296 ✭✭✭valor

He looks homeless imo

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭pok3rplaya

valor wrote: »
    He looks homeless imo

Yeah maybe someone should take him aside and have a quiet word with him about the way he looks?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

http://pokerdb.thehendonmob.com/player.php?a=s&n=575

Seriously folks the guy has won nearly $4 million from live poker and gets slagged off on here. I dont know Andy well at all and I think he looks very respectable in the above photo cos I aint really sure what a homeless person looks like really...

Another worthwhile post from our esteemed colleague Valor..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭Conbro

Yes he drinks, no hes not tight and no I dont think he gives a fiddlers about blowing off a bit of steam in a 5/10 game with a 40bb cap

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 6,956 ✭✭✭CHD

Jayminator wrote: »

Seriously folks the guy has won nearly $4 million from live poker and gets slagged off on here. I dont know Andy well at all and I think he looks very respectable in the above photo cos I aint really sure what a homeless person looks like really...

C'mon now, he does look homeless. And always wears the same top! He's a top class player though.

• Registered Users Posts: 588 ✭✭✭Lao Lao

What's with all the hatred for Andy Black???? Don't get it tbh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 571 ✭✭✭smoothcall

Jayminator wrote: »

In fairness to valor he did say it to his face.....

In fairness the whole story should be posted if Valor is too be credited with anything other than not being able to handle the ol jar imo.

Dutch courage is only slightly above keyboard warriorhood

• Closed Accounts Posts: 938 ✭✭✭Grafter

Lao Lao wrote: »

I think it's becuse he's Scottish?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭Jayminator

Now that I would find funny...LoL

• Closed Accounts Posts: 384 ✭✭Vamoose Killers

I lasted longer than him in the Fitz 250 a few years back...

[/smugness]

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭Dave147

Lao Lao wrote: »

Is it cos he's black?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 371 ✭✭SpencerJames

from what i heard valor jumped into the big game at the io and started abusing andy black..............then did his tank to andy black with a bluff.think he said to andy that he looked like a homeless person or something along those lines. not sure meh

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,724 ✭✭✭nicnicnic

from what i heard valor jumped into the big game at the io and started abusing andy black..............then did his tank to andy black with a bluff.think he said to andy that he looked like a homeless person or something along those lines. not sure meh

I doubt very much he did his tank, maybe his buyin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,434 ✭✭✭cardshark202

nicnicnic wrote: »
    I doubt very much he did his tank, maybe his buyin

No I heard he did every penny he owned in one pot, and has now quit poker and become teetotal, before travelling to africa to help all the poor people.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,696 ✭✭✭Hectorjelly

No I heard he did every penny he owned in one pot, and has now quit poker and become teetotal, before travelling to africa to help all the poor people.

how did he afford the plane ticket?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,083 ✭✭✭RoundTower

how did he afford the plane ticket?

in a somewhat ironic reversal of fortunes, he found it in a bin in a laundrette.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 75 ✭✭karpov33

Why do he always speak with a american accent

• Registered Users Posts: 970 ✭✭✭thechamp87

valor wrote: »
    He looks homeless imo

pot, kettle etc.

RoundTower wrote: »
    In a somewhaty ironic reversal of fortune the great online predator that is 'Valor' lost his buy in playing drunk BAD abusive poker.

FYP.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,754 ✭✭✭ianmc38

Wow how did I miss all that?

Advertisement