Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need help with Fourier series

Options
  • 04-05-2009 10:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

I need help with a small intoduction describing the fourier Series of a periodic function. We are supppossed to incluse some aspects of its history as well. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get some good info on the net. I have tried some maths books and they dont really go into it and dont trust Wiki. Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,488 ✭✭✭mathew

lynchy wrote: »
    I need help with a small intoduction describing the fourier Series of a periodic function. We are supppossed to incluse some aspects of its history as well. I was just wondering if anyone knows where I could get some good info on the net. I have tried some maths books and they dont really go into it and dont trust Wiki. Cheers

Id say you could trust wiki for a simple intro...;)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,481 ✭✭✭Fremen

http://see.stanford.edu/see/courseinfo.aspx?coll=84d174c2-d74f-493d-92ae-c3f45c0ee091

Try the first few lectures. Might be a bit advanced, depending on your background. Look for a biography of Fourier, and use the references at the bottom of the wikipedia page if you don't want to use WP itself.

Advertisement