Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Booker T Jones to play Vicar Street

Options
  • 04-05-2009 8:00pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Booker T Jones Vicar Street Mon 20th July

Booker T is one of music's real legends. Booker T And The MGS were the house session band at Memphis based Stax Records. They were the band on the classic recordings by Otis Redding,Sam And Dave,Wilson Pickett etc. He will be performing for one night only at Vicar St. this July 20th. Tickets are €38 on sale now through Ticketmaster and other usual outlets nationwide. Booking Line: 0818 719 390. Booker T And The MGS also produced a string of worldwide hits in their own right as Well Green Onions, Time Is Tight, Groovin etc. Booker T first appeared in Ireland with Neil Young in Slane as part of Neil's This Note's For You Tour. Anti release a new Booker T album called Potato Hole on April 21st.his first recording in over 20 years. Don't miss this true legend of music

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭Dave Total

Aw yes, Booker T! Will he be doing all of the MG's hits and stax stuff?

• Registered Users Posts: 834 ✭✭✭yknaa

Really enjoyable gig. Great band and love the new songs. Good turn out for a Monday too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 37 Tomm0

I kind of enjoyed it - was kind of great to witness someone who'd performed with Otis and the rest.

Have to say I think he'd benefit from having a vocalist touring with him. His instrumentals are great, obviously, but he's been a part of some of the greatest soul tracks of all time. His voice just couldn't do Dock Of The Bay or Soul Man justice, or am I being harsh?

He didn't seem to be on stage too long either, but maybe time just flew by...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7 fmf

Yeah, it was great to hear him live, and a wonderful band behind him. That said I kept thinking how it would have worked so much better in a smaller venue, and without momentum killing deadpan intros like 'This is the title track of my new album, Potato Hole. Its called Potato Hole' . And that backing band will be truly awesome a few more dates down the road. Still we owe a debt to men like Derek Nally for bringing niche artists like this to Dublin.

Advertisement