Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I never thought I'd say this...

Options
  • 04-05-2009 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭

...but its been two weeks since the last time I had rain here. Its starting to drive me crazy. Its been 29 C.

I guess I just got used to the Irish system, where you won't see your own shadow for months on end and live inside a rain jacket.

Finally though I'm starting to see some clouds. And by the look of the radar there is a big rainstorm just an hour or two out.

Hurry up... :(

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,739 ✭✭✭✭minidazzler

Look, **** you Overheal, I hope the rainstorm tears down your house while we are all sitting here with over cast skies and you rubbing in that ye had lovely weather!!! :P

• Registered Users Posts: 45,299 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

my heart bleeds !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,591 ✭✭✭RATM

Thats nothing, its 82 degrees in my sauna and it hasn't rained there in years:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

OH

Have a coke and a smile and shut the fvck up :p

• Registered Users Posts: 1,110 ✭✭✭Aodan83

Thank god I'm not where you are, OP. I tend to get sunburn pretty bad. Go Irish weather. :pac:

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Want some rain badly? Swap houses for 2 weeks, you'll have to pay all the flights of course.;)

• Registered Users Posts: 81,935 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

I'm just saying its like... its like being Institutionalized. You think you'd be happy moving to Lanzarote? You would not.

I've been getting burned a little bit just from going to the shops n'things. Still pale as a paddy to be fair.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Overheal wrote: »
    I'm just saying its like... its like being Institutionalized. You think you'd be happy moving to Lanzarote? You would not.

I've been getting burned a little bit just from going to the shops n'things. Still pale as a paddy to be fair.

True, i thought you were in the States. Even read wrong, thought you were in California.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 553 ✭✭✭Futurism

Yeah I'd say that would be a bit much after a couple of weeks.

How is it over there apart from the weather?

Alright. Kinda reminds me vaguely of a town I used to live in in the Northwest when I was only a tiny little sh!t. Charleston would be worth a visit. Lots of history.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

According to british met office a summer heatwave is on the way folks ......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Irish person in the sun for 2 weeks? So OP I take it then that that's actually you in your avatar there?

Latchy wrote: »
    According to british met office a summer heatwave is on the way folks ......
    Thats right! You get all our coastal weather. We just had a massive High Pressure system run through which is why it was so dry. So yeah it may just be on its way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,191 ✭✭✭✭Latchy

Thats right! You get all our coastal weather. We just had a massive High Pressure system run through which is why it was so dry. So yeah it may just be on its way.
    About time to , last two summers have being washouts although I'll believe it when I see it .

• Registered Users Posts: 26,061 ✭✭✭✭Terry

Alright. Kinda reminds me vaguely of a town I used to live in in the Northwest when I was only a tiny little sh!t. Charleston would be worth a visit. Lots of history.
    Dude, you have to take part in one of those civil war re-enactments.
    I'd say they're brilliant.
    Then tell everyone that you you are sick of Washington and want to secede.

As for the weather here, I had to close my bedroom window for the first time in 3 weeks today. We had a decent run.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

...but its been two weeks since the last time I had rain here. Its starting to drive me crazy. Its been 29 C.

I guess I just got used to the Irish system, where you won't see your own shadow for months on end and live inside a rain jacket.

Finally though I'm starting to see some clouds. And by the look of the radar there is a big rainstorm just an hour or two out.

Hurry up... :(

We have actually had a good spell of weather for the last few months. Its strange to see sun out this early in the year!! :D

• Registered Users Posts: 2,604 ✭✭✭xOxSinéadxOx

I like it when it's sunny and kind of cold at the same time. I hate sunny hot weather, and by hot weather I mean anything over 20 degrees.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,010 ✭✭✭Tech3

I like it when it's sunny and kind of cold at the same time. I hate sunny hot weather, and by hot weather I mean anything over 20 degrees.

I have to disagree. If we had the climate where we could wear shorts and tshirts out everyday it would great. Anything under 20 is cold for that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 844 ✭✭✭allabouteve

I moved from Ireland back to Perth in early autumn/spring. I really missed the cool evenings and the damp mornings, but one thing I didn't miss was the relentless rain.

The two summers I spent in Ireland were the wettest in decades, apparently.:(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,463 ✭✭✭KTRIC

The weather here in Munich is annoying to say the least. We have temps up to 35c in the summer, winter is snow and lasts for 3 months. And to top it off the seasons are actually defined :eek:

Give me a damp wet day in Ireland any day. At least I only had one wardrobe and non of this fecking seasonal clothing. :mad:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 16,165 ✭✭✭✭brianthebard

galwayrush wrote: »
    True, i thought you were in the States. Even read wrong, thought you were in California.

South Carolina is also in the states dude.

Flash! Thunder! Sudden drop in temperature! omg I can smell it. In just moments I'm going to be so wet...

http://www.accuweather.com/watches-warnings.asp?partner=forecastbar&zipcode=29483&county=SCC035&zone=SCZ044&metric=0

Yay! Hail Watch! \o/

...........wait, doesnt that mean...(!)

Ah there it is. And not just light Irish piss either, its pounding out here now.

Advertisement