Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Brittany in May - any tips or favourites?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 3:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭

We're of in the camper to Quimper (or in the van to Vannes...) - got a good deal from Brittany Ferries for May 16th to 22nd so were off to France for the first time since I had kids and a trailer tent (15+ years ago?). Going to spend a couple of days at the traditional wooden boat festival in Morbihan (Vannes and a few towns in the area) 20-22nd so am looking for ideas for earlier in the week.

I have downloaded the poi's for the aires (amazing! so many!) and free WiFi - any others I should get?
    Have taken advice from elsewhere about using Super-U for gas supplies (if necessary - I gather it's as low as €14 for a refill and €10 deposit for a cylinder and regulator) though in a week I doubt we will need more than the one cylinder we will bring with us.

Friends are placing orders for wine to be purchased at the hypermarket (?) in Roscoff on the way back

Bringing a laptop and DVD's for rainy days - I refuse to have an actual TV or sat dish - 'cept maybe the USB-stick analog & Digital TV tuner for messing. High gain WiFi antenna of course (<grin>), camera, USB to SD adapter, his 'n hers iPods, chargers, mains cable, DC-DC converter, the list goes on....

Apart from bring the vans back from Germany, this is the first time I have gone over on a camper holiday - quite looking forward to it!

Ideas tips suggestions warnings - all welcome.

Anybody know how are the French with "wild camping"?

db.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 77 ✭✭shigg

Hi

We heading to dusseldforf 2moro morning to pick up our new motor - hymer and then driving back through France (8 days) in total, so any recommendations much appreciated. Have done ZERO research, except bought the Aires Book..Any good campsites/Aires with wi fi (essential!!) near nice beach/village? Cant wait.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭dowtchaboy

shigg wrote: »
    Hi

We heading to dusseldforf 2moro morning to pick up our new motor - hymer and then driving back through France (8 days) in total, so any recommendations much appreciated. Have done ZERO research, except bought the Aires Book..Any good campsites/Aires with wi fi (essential!!) near nice beach/village? Cant wait.
    here's one we stayed in overnight - excellent beach and nobody on it - bar restaurant looks crummy but had stupendous seafood platter. 2 more restaurants within walking distance. Owner cyled round Ireland and is friendly.
    WiFi near office - was not cheap though.
    Had all-in rate for campervans of 12 per night I think.

Camping des Chevrets
    La Guimorais
    35350 St. Coulomb, France

02 99 89 01 90

- campingdeschevrets.fr‎

Advertisement