Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Castlerock/Coolbawn Meadows in Castleconnell

Options
  • 04-05-2009 1:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 2

We're looking at moving to Castlerock or Coolbawn Meadows in Castlerock. Was wondering whether someone already living there could give me some pros and cons about either or both, any problems with the houses/developers, broadband connection, neighbours, etc...
    Does anybody know how much the houses there were originally put on the market for? Any other information/opinions about Castleconnell in general would also be much appreciated. Thanks!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 55,474 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

I'm in Castlerock for the last 3 years, and its a great place to live.

Pros:
    - I work in Castletroy, so its a short commute (even if you work in the City or Raheen, its ok because of the bypass)
    - Very quiet, no trouble, no noise at night.
    - Broadband - Eircom 3mb, good speeds and contention.
    - Developers - Haven't had dealings with them for well over 2 years (I guess that shows the quality of the houses) and when I did deal with them, they were a sound bunch and very helpful.
    - Neighbours - fine. Don't know them all very well, but no troubles there.

Cons:
    - If you're on the Dublin Rd. side of the development, you might be near the rail tracks, so there could be noise issues there.

Hope that helps...

• Registered Users Posts: 172 ✭✭dohda

Hi,

In Castlerock for the last 2 years and really like it. House is fine and anything that seemed a big deal (whether it was to the builder or not) was looked after anytime I asked them. Sound lads.

Estate is quiet which suits us and is convenient for work in raheen also with the bypass. Never have any hassle with the commute.

Only faults I could find with the house or the estate is the back gardens. They are very wet and I will have to dig mine up to lay drainage. Both my neighbours were the same but that probably does not apply to all of the estate. The other one is that there is almost no mobile coverage there.

We have friends living in Coolbawn Meadows also and they love they house. It is lovely in fairness and is well finished also. Only thing they complain about is that with the busy creche at the front and the school across the road it can be a pain at 9, 3, 5o'clock coming and going as there is very little parking for the mums and dads.

Hope this helps, I dont manage to check the web as often as I like but if you ahve any other questions pm me and I will get back to you when I can.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 710 ✭✭✭Dundhoone

Living in Castlerock for a year and a half, I'd echo what the others have said. There are a few rented houses but the majority are families from what I can see and no noise/idiot neighbours.

The only downside is the dangerous junction onto the Dublin road, but that wont be a problem when they finish the new road.

Castleconnell is small, but having a supervalu/post office/hotel & gym in the village are big plus points for me. Trainstation is nice too, but I havent used it yet. There is also a very active community group doing quizes/information nights and running all kinds of events if thats your thing.

Advertisement