Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Anyone need a volunteer?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 11:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭

I am a dog lover that is currently unemployed at the moment. I would love to spend my spare time with a puppy of my own but cant commit as I am hoping to work again soon and not sure if i d be able to look after it properly. Anyway due to this i d love to volunteer for 2 days a week somewhere working with dogs - anyone know of places looking for people at the moment?

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,378 ✭✭✭ISDW

Whereabouts in the country are you?

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭notlongleft

Hi isdw - that would have been an important piece of info to add - sorry!! I m in West Dublin area have a car so can travel within reason

• Registered Users Posts: 527 ✭✭✭Call me Socket

I'm not familiar with the Dublin area so don't know how close you are to Ashton Pound....but they always need and welcome volunteers to walk the dogs. And Dogs in Distress always need foster homes....they save dogs from Ashton pound that aren't homed by the public....http://dogsindistress.org/forum/viewforum.php?f=3
    They walk the poundies, learn a bit about them, post photos of them on their site to advertise them for homing, and foster them when their time in the pound is up. I'm sure your time and help would be appreciated.
    If you get in touch with Gwen (085 815 8201, fostering@dogsindistress.org) she'll answer any questions you have:)

Socket

Advertisement