Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

anoying people at work(or your daily environment) and how do you deal with them?

Options
  • 04-05-2009 9:30am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭

One of my colleagues is probably THE most anoying person i have ever met in my life.

She spends all day nagging about everything and the worst of it is, she can barely make a descent sentence. how she ever got this job is beyond me.
    anyway it has come to the point where I completely ignore her, but when that high pitch voice screams over the floor again, I have to hold back to not yell at her to "please for once STFU".

thank god for that bit of selfcontrole.

how do you deal with anoying everyday people?
    (murderous rampages are no option unfortunatly)

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 156 ✭✭googlefan

See my recent post re a similar issue. A good gym session or sport is always a good method.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,526 ✭✭✭m@cc@

omyatari wrote: »
    One of my colleagues is probably THE most anoying person i have ever met in my life.

She spends all day nagging about everything and the worst of it is, she can barely make a descent sentance. how she ever got this job is beyond me.

thank god for that bit of selfcontrole.

how do you deal with anoying everyday people?
    (murderous rampages are no option unfortunatly)

Love this part. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,849 ✭✭✭✭silverharp

you could try this approach

A belief in gender identity involves a level of faith as there is nothing tangible to prove its existence which, as something divorced from the physical body, is similar to the idea of a soul. - Colette Colfer

• Closed Accounts Posts: 228 ✭✭omyatari

perfect example,

quote my colleague " Yes but no he said last time before he called up 4 weeks ago that something was, he talked to someone else about the same thing as last but i couldnt know because i was getting flu shots at the docter so it wasnt me."

.... after doing some research, i came to the conclusion i just had to send someone an email.
    you guys know the ratling girl from little brittain? 'yes but no nut.... http://www.smh.com.au/ffximage/2006/02/17/little_britain_narrowweb__300x431,0.jpg
    GAH!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,813 ✭✭✭themadchef

A: Do something terrible, frame your colleague, get them fired

B: Anti depressants, pain killers and drink yourself stupid every night.

C: Just tell them to STFU

I'd go with C.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,799 ✭✭✭✭DrumSteve

deficate into her lunch.

that'll shut her up.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,995 ✭✭✭Sofiztikated

Mace the bitch.
    And i don't mean the pepper spray, i'm talking old school, big knobbly metal ball on a handle.
    That'll do the trick. Failing that, quit your job.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,866 ✭✭✭✭Quazzie

DrumSteve wrote: »
    deficate into her lunch.

that'll shut her up.
    Hang sangwiches and faeces is a powerful message.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 951 ✭✭✭sorrywhat

i know how you feel. our offices are open plan. so its kinda noisy anyway. but there are these like 2 or 3 people who are soooo noisy and loud i wana walk over and scream at them to be quite. quite annoying when your on the phone people and you cant hear past the cackling!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,582 ✭✭✭✭TheZohanS

m@cc@ wrote: »
    Love this part. :)

The edited bit is even better. :)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,919 ✭✭✭Schism

Avoid her whenever and wherever you can. If you feel like telling her to stfu but don't want to actually go through with it then just mouth it to yourself, you'd be surprised, you'll feel better.*

A good workout as said above is a great stress reliever too.

*Don't let people see you do it though, you'll look a bit odd.

TheZohan wrote: »
    The edited bit is even better. :)

oh ffs antfu**ers, it was a silly type-o. ;)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,919 ✭✭✭✭Gummy Panda

themadchef wrote: »
    A: Do something terrible, frame your colleague, get them fired

B: Anti depressants, pain killers and drink yourself stupid every night.

C: Just tell them to STFU

I'd go with C.

I'd go with all three options. Tell them to STFU, get them fired then party with booze and anti-depressants

• Registered Users Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭el rabitos

i tell them its mind over matter

?

i dont mind, because you dont matter

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,476 ✭✭✭Mr.Lizard

Best thing to do is go on a work night out. Then get really drunk and become verbally abusive towards this person. Important also that you threaten them physically, without actually getting physically violent (very important that). Unless this person is a superior in work nothing will come of it and the individual will usually stay out of your way and be quiet in your presence. The irony is half of these people actually think you have some sort of relationship with them and that they can therefore spend all day moaning in your ear. A night like I describe should set them straight.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

tell her to have a coke and a smile and shut the fvck up :)

• Registered Users Posts: 13,016 ✭✭✭✭vibe666

six words.

Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,612 ✭✭✭Dardania

Demonstrate polite-contempt for tthe person - contemptuous - but polite enough not to hang yourself. I find it very amusing when dealing with a particular co-worker...

• Registered Users Posts: 688 ✭✭✭UpCork

There is someone exceedingly annoying working with me. Before, especially at lunch time, when we are all sitting in close proximity, I*'d feel like running out of the room screaming (she always has one better than everyone else, it's all about her etc) - now I just nod and agree. All she wants is the attention. She couldn't care less about me or the others and we feel the same, except she doesn't know it. :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5 Maurice1978

I used to work with someone who was very annoying. She had to verbalise everything that went through her head so she would spend half the day talking to herself at her desk.

Talking to her or going to lunch was a nightmare as well, conversation always went back to her, where she went, what she ate, who came to visit her, what she bought....etc etc..and for every topic raised she would have a long boring story to tell us in relation to it....and she never shut up about her son.

poisonous!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

I used to work with someone who was very annoying. She had to verbalise everything that went through her head so she would spend half the day talking to herself at her desk.

Talking to her or going to lunch was a nightmare as well, conversation always went back to her, where she went, what she ate, who came to visit her, what she bought....etc etc..and for every topic raised she would have a long boring story to tell us in relation to it....and she never shut up about her son.

poisonous!

well we all know what her problem was :)

vibe666 wrote: »
    six words.

Five Point Palm Exploding Heart Technique :pac:
    love it. train me!

Advertisement