Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

ouija boards

Options
  • 03-05-2009 9:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 33

can i make my own and do it myself on my own

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭magenta73

I think you'd want to be very brave, I'm sure it would work but I really really dont thing you should as you have no control over who or what comes through, If you really want to try to make some contact yourself try EVP you can even use the voice recorder on your mobile phone! and you might get something!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,290 ✭✭✭bigeasyeah

I remember years ago,my class mates used to make them out of paper.I also remember one night meeting one of the same classmates running home after having a bad experience with it.He was genuinely frightened.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

""can i make my own and do it myself on my own ""

Of course, kennic.

As has been said, be aware the outcome may not be as you anticipate, but having said that, do not approach in a state of fear.

You will attract what you are, so you might want to do a little spiritual spring cleaning for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,987 ✭✭✭Ziycon

Of course you can make your own, but in all honesty unless you know what you are messing with i wouldn't do it and even if you did know what you where doing i still wouldn't recommend it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 310 ✭✭TaxiManMartin

Ive made them in my youth.
    They dont work

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,111 ✭✭✭MooseJam

Yea they don't work, if I was ever doing a ouija board with someone I know I'd be spelling out all kinds of horrors for the laugh

• Registered Users Posts: 5,962 ✭✭✭GhostInTheRuins

Yeah sure give it a go. It's not like they actually work, the whole idea of it is laughable.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Yeha try it. They don't work though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 334 ✭✭Elbi

why would you even want to do this? ? ?

We have heard so many bad stories about them, its seems like looking for trouble, and as the other posters said they dont really work, s why bother. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭Colonel_McCoy

Discussed this with A friend, he tried it over ten years ago and he said NEVER again.

The guy was genuinely frightened by it and still is!

Be careful

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 7,182 ✭✭✭Genghiz Cohen

Derren Brown explains in Tricks of the Mind
    Ideomotor Movement.

They can be a good laugh, don't be afraid of something so simple and mess with your friends minds.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

Messing with Ouija Boards isn't such a hot idea in my opinion. Even those that know how to use them tend not to.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,359 ✭✭✭Overblood

Why is everyone discouraging the OP? Go on! Try it!

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

Overblood wrote: »
    Why is everyone discouraging the OP? Go on! Try it!
    Cos even if you dont believe it has merit, a person who uses one will tend to be someone who does. Even if everything that happens could be blamed on the ideomotor effect, it can be psychologically damaging to someone who might be nervous or susceptible. I used one once when I was in my teens. It blew my mind. Not in a good way. So in the same way they dont recommend a mobile phone near petrol pumps*, I dont recommend this either.

*even though its far fetched to think your phone would blow one up...:)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,633 ✭✭✭stormkeeper

I'm not a huge fan of seances either, to be honest.

On a side-note relating to divination, I remember being on an investigation with a group in Essex, where they were using a glass and letters. Funny thing was that I picked up the name "Elizabeth" before it was spelt out by the glass. Another time with the same group in a now-gone location, people were doing automatic writing, and I picked up the words "help me", and they were written on the paper when we looked, which was quite freaky!

I think I need to get my group organised better and go on some investigations again!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 87 ✭✭ChickenScratch

I'm sorry but I really don't get how playing with a glass and some paper can be scary.

Anyone care to swap stories? I'm excited.

Or should I start a new thread for such a thing?

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

If you do a search there have been quite a few threads already. If you bump an old one just remind us its old :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 ehhowaya

My parents, especially my dad, are ultra-religious. They are baptists and the type to get very involved in the social side of church. Anyway my dad doesn't believe in the paranormal side of things at all but he has always warned me away from ouija boards. He says that they are dangerous because you can't control who you talk to and you are contacting evil spirits!

Being the **** that I am, I bought one on Ebay a few years ago with his credit card! I use it the odd time with friends, most of the time we are pissed and get bored but it has moved a few times for us, nothing major though.

Must try it again soon though. I really want to do it properly and see if it does work

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,700 ✭✭✭✭holly1

I think your dad was right and maby you have been lucky up to now and nothing bad has happened to you.Stay away from it unless you know what you are doing.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Amberjack

About 20 years ago, myself and a few friends messed around with one a few times over the summer holidays. It scared the bejaysus out of us and I would never touch one again - my friends have never done it again either.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 343 ✭✭karynp

done it myself in my teens and mad things happended but cant say for defo if it was one of my mates doin it.i find the same effect using a pendulem and an alphabet chart,things get spelled out,but i also think ur mind helps a lot,i picked up things before it spelt it out,then id say thngs in my head and it would spell it out,my mind would move it,not really anything else.
    i dunno,all kinds of things said bout usin a board but again,makin any kind of spirit contact without experience can cause anything to happen,it is said however that boards allow the lowest energy through.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

I used to do it quite often when we were teenagers, it sparked a major interest in the occult and led me down the spiritual path i now follow.and i still dabble now as an "adult":) even got a proper one in the states, glow in the dark board and proper planchette too. sad yes but couldn't resist it:rolleyes:
    But to be honest i got better results using an A4 page and a marker,sribbling the alphabet, yes and no, and an exit option on the page and using a coin than any fancy one i've used.
    Don't take it too lightheartedly though, bad spirits have came through and its not nice. most of the people who tried it years ago with me vow to never do it again but sometimes you get a good one too. this one spirit i kept getting used to tell me all sorts of things.it even gave me my junior cert results before i completed my exams, i wrote them down and on the day of the results i compared them and they were exactly as predicted!!!! Spooky !!!!!
    It also predicted who i'd marry and where i'd live and what i'd end up doing as my career.and so far its all been correct. there's still a few things left to come through but they're still a few years off yet i reckon. but we still meet up and talk about our experiences.A lot of my friends are still spooked.
    To sum up, don't take the Pi$$ with it, its not something we all fully understand but at the same time if you are gonna play,just make sure you enjoy yourself and always play with a free mind not experiencing any feelings or substances that could affect your mindset. be careful but enjoy the experiences it brings too

• Closed Accounts Posts: 457 ✭✭hiorta

Exactly, BigDog.
    The board is only an extension of your mind.
    If you approach it with reverence seeking the absolute Highest and Best that you can aspire to and the folk with you are of the same quality of mind, wonders can happen.
    But, if only one of you is messing around, difficulties are likely to come your way.
    Did the accurate predictions cause you to think a bit further into 'why'? I assume that you thanked those who made the effort to get through to you? And the Great Spirit (or whatever name you are comfortable with) also?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 954 ✭✭✭marti101

Yes they do work if you make them yourself.mine did.But it was a horrible experience and one i dont want a repeat of.Just be careful and dont ask stupid questions like when am i gonna die.

• Registered Users Posts: 256 ✭✭bigdogbarking

hiorta wrote: »
    Exactly, BigDog.
    The board is only an extension of your mind.
    If you approach it with reverence seeking the absolute Highest and Best that you can aspire to and the folk with you are of the same quality of mind, wonders can happen.
    But, if only one of you is messing around, difficulties are likely to come your way.
    Did the accurate predictions cause you to think a bit further into 'why'? I assume that you thanked those who made the effort to get through to you? And the Great Spirit (or whatever name you are comfortable with) also?

Thank them? i still speak with them although through various different avenues.

Don't be wasting time asking stupid questions like when i'm gonna die or lottery numbers. instead use it as a tool along your path of self discovery and enlightenment

• Registered Users Posts: 765 ✭✭✭ultain

Ziycon wrote: »
    Of course you can make your own, but in all honesty unless you know what you are messing with i wouldn't do it and even if you did know what you where doing i still wouldn't recommend it.
    very good advice, i know its very tempting to do, but you should try and steer clear of it, its a bit like playing with traffic, very very dangerous, you leaving your self wide open to very subtle stuff that is largely negative, don't know how to explain it, it can magnify any negative aspects in your own mind, like i said it seems to work on a very subtle level. its all science just we haven't become advanced enough yet to understand it.

• Registered Users Posts: 827 ✭✭✭VinnyTGM

I wouldn't be brave enough to try it, never heard of anything bad happening to anyone with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 216 ✭✭spudz21

So OP, did ya try out the ouji board???!!:eek::D
    I don't know if I believe in them but I wouldn't try it.....just to be safe:phehe

• Registered Users Posts: 1,046 ✭✭✭Fracture

I tried it when i was in my teens with a couple of friends in one of my mates sisters room, we covered up the mirror (apparently you have to?) and gave it a go, it moved a little for a second but it freaked the hell out of us, that and the fact that my mates sister had about 50 of those bloody porcellin dolls sitting around the room, it didnt help thinking they are looking at us lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 45,361 ✭✭✭✭Bobeagleburger

Go for it OP, I will give you odds of 1000000/1 that it works.

Advertisement