Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

reduced price of neutering cat when on the dole?

Options
  • 03-05-2009 7:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 23

Hi

Im hoping somebody can help me, there was a wild cat in our garden which had several kittens approx 6 months ago, She was very wild and both her and the kittens hissed like mad and ran away if we went near them, anyway mum and some of the kittens have since moved on and 1 kitten a female was left. She has slightly tamed over the last few weeks and I think it may be possible to tame her. Last weekend several buck cats were calling so I think she may be coming into heat. Needless to say she has no shots and isn't neutered but I lost my job at the end of March and money is very tight but a friend has told me she thought it was possible to get reduced cost neutering as I am out of work, has anyone heard of this?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,986 ✭✭✭✭mikemac

There is no government scheme for this.

But some vets may offer reduced prices for the unwaged.
    But it's dependent on the vet. Make a phone calls and you'll soon find out who in your local area offers this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 419 ✭✭beaushalloe

usually if you contact your local spca or cat protection they will come out, trap the cat neuter it and release him back to you for a much reduced charge. well done to you for trying to sort out the problem. by the way the last time i took in a rescue kitten (from an spca) they gave me a voucher for reduced neutering, (unfortunately i never got to use it as the kitten got killed)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭ynotdu

Are you in Dublin?

The Capruchian brothers based in Church Steet used to attend all animals for free,donations accepted.Expert vets working on a voluntry basis.

long time since i used the service so it may be gone(was a few evenings a week)

Be worth you phoning them to find out?

• Registered Users Posts: 383 ✭✭PinkTulips

if you contact your local ispca they usually give vouchers for reduced cost neutering in situations like this

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Try contacting the Blue Cross. They will orgainse it with a vets near you.

• Advertisement
Advertisement