Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Xbox 360 Warranty -Load Disc

Options
  • 03-05-2009 1:30pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 307 ✭✭

Had two RROD's,Microsoft fixed them both times, after getting the unit back the 2nd time it was a brand new console with a manufactured date within a month of getting it back. I was very impressed and happy thinking this would be it ,no more problems. Well about 2 months in the DVD stopped reconising media of any type. First thing file a repair with microsoft online then went online followed all the "tips" and trouble shooting, not sure what fixed it but was working fine. Now 2 months later gone again nothing brought it back, I very upset that I didnt send it in for repair and now the warrenty's past. A few weeks have gone and I was looking for a console in gamestop and mentioned what happened and they suggested ringing microsoft anyways.
    Well the first person I was talking to kept on about the warrenty expired I was put on hold and phone call disconnected,called back and 2nd fellow heard same story and said someone from support would ring me , next day I got a call to confirm that the problem was the "no disc, load disc" and informed that they would be repairing console free of charge. Im a happy camper now and felt a responsability to post here for anyone that might be in the same boat. I know that in my case I had requested a repair order online within my warrenty time and never followed up on it but Im not sure if this is 100 percent why they agreed to it or not.(I'm sure it helped)Might be a case of bad drives they know about. So in short ring them and give it a shot I thought it was a lost cause yet turned out ok for me. Good luck and I am sorry if this topic is of intrest to you.

Advertisement