Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

just been selected to go on top gear this summer

Options
  • 03-05-2009 12:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭

Got an email this morning from the applause store to say that i have been preselected to go on top gear this summer and they gave me all the dates they will be recording to choose from. I couldnt be happier as i was free on every date so i just choose the 8th of July for the laugh.
    Anyways has anyone been on the Top Gear show before, what should i expect apart from a day of awesomeness?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

I'm soooooooo jealous!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Just stay away from the front row when they do Cool Wall etc! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 7,544 ✭✭✭Hogzy

Bryn wrote: »
    I'm soooooooo jealous!

Booked 4 tickets, but iv asked 2 people already who love top gear and they cant come (very regretable about it lol), i dont wanna give this ticket to someone unless they REALLY appreciate what an honor it is to be selected for top gear!!! Its like winning the lotto (on a smaller scale)

I might end up giving 2 to a boardsie!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,073 ✭✭✭jamieh

Hogzy wrote: »
    Booked 4 tickets, but iv asked 2 people already who love top gear and they cant come (very regretable about it lol), i dont wanna give this ticket to someone unless they REALLY appreciate what an honor it is to be selected for top gear!!! Its like winning the lotto (on a smaller scale)

I might end up giving 2 to a boardsie!

Can I be first in line :D ....would be billing to pay (money or limbs....whichever :D)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭spartacus93

jamieh wrote: »
    Can I be first in line :D ....would be billing to pay (money or limbs....whichever :D)

Can i be second?! :P

Well done on getting picked. How long ago did you apply? I signed up to the applause store a while back but didn't hear anything.

Maybe i'll get lucky!

• Advertisement

Can i be second?! :P

Well done on getting picked. How long ago did you apply? I signed up to the applause store a while back but didn't hear anything.

Maybe i'll get lucky!

I signed up around 3 years ago, but that doesnt matter, its a random selection so you could have signed up last week or 5 years ago, you're all in the same lottery! which is good i suppose it gives everyone an equal chance, there is something like a 17yr waiting list if they were to do it on a first come first serve basis!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

hey, i got the email too today about the dates. i cant even select a date because my best mate is pregnant and the dates are in her last 4 weeks of her pregnancy. sucks so bad :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,898 ✭✭✭✭seanybiker

hey, i got the email too today about the dates. i cant even select a date because my best mate is pregnant and the dates are in her last 4 weeks of her pregnancy. sucks so bad :(
    Yeah sucks for her. People have babies every day. Go to top gear

If she really is a best mate then she will understand, btw there are 7 dates to choose from not 4

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,160 ✭✭✭✭banshee_bones

yes but the other dates are around the due date and shortly after. and im not going without her, i said its fine il just stay on the list im sure wel get them next time around.

• Advertisement

yes but the other dates are around the due date and shortly after. and im not going without her, i said its fine il just stay on the list im sure wel get them next time around.

Could she not just have the baby pre-maturely? then all three of ye can go, babies go free:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,095 ✭✭✭✭omb0wyn5ehpij9

Hogzy wrote: »
    Could she not just have the baby pre-maturely? then all three of ye can go, babies go free:D

I like the way you think :D:P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭niceirishfella

This is brilliant news for you OP!
    where do you sign online for a chance to go.

BTW- I can make good use of that extra tick!!! I love TG!

This is brilliant news for you OP!
    where do you sign online for a chance to go.

BTW- I can make good use of that extra tick!!! I love TG!

http://www.applausestore.com/

If you get tickets i'll expect 2 for pointing you in the right direction :p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,689 ✭✭✭Vain

Sorry OT but how do you sign up for the tickets im on the top gear web page and cant see anything about it?

Vain wrote: »
    Sorry OT but how do you sign up for the tickets im on the top gear web page and cant see anything about it?

:confused: See the post before yours! :)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,675 ✭✭✭ronnie3585

I got selected too!!:) I applied about two years ago and totally forgot about it. I'd love to get it. Was sick when they were in the RDS before Christmas and I had to sell my ticket.

ronnie3585 wrote: »
    I got selected too!!:) I applied about two years ago and totally forgot about it. I'd love to get it. Was sick when they were in the RDS before Christmas and I had to sell my ticket.

I hate ye all :D

well done, enjoy the show!

• Registered Users Posts: 17,812 ✭✭✭✭Busi_Girl08

I would love to go, but I have no-one who would really be interested in going with me, so I never thought there was much point in signing up for tickets.

I need new friends :(

Advertisement